Tough acoustic decision...

emuhunter

• Members
That's a really interesting question, I'm not sure which one I'd describe myself as... What would you say the distinction between a "Hummingbird" and a "J-45" person would be?

I can't really do that for others (that I don't know very well), I did it with the Rhoads vs. ESP Eclipse issue I had :) The OP probably has some personal "feelings" about either guitar. Because what I see in those different models might not be what he does.
I'm big, ugly, have a grizzled half-beard most of the time, and dress in t-shirts, woollen sweaters in winter and jeans. That, to me, is more a J-45 than a Hummingbird. Less refined in appearance, like the guitar... Does that make any sense at all? :D

Sound-wise, they're both great, but the OP is probably also aware of this. I read it as if he wanted some input on the feel of each guitar. I might be very mistaken, though. I did not read it as if he needed any help with deciding which was the best quality

• Members

Going up the food chain is very exspensive in the long run - i see it on the forum all the time a 300 dollar guitar to a 700 dollar guitar to a 1000 dollar -you get the idea -when you get done you could of bought two decent instruments with all you invested ( plus your giving away low end guitars pretty much ). Buy what you really want as close to the top of the food chain and get a great guitar from the get go and you'll save yourself allot of money and agravation. When i was about 20 i made the move and never regretted it . Buy either guitar -which one sounds better to you ? - and have a lifetime guitar !

Archived