Acoustic Tremolo

acousticdepot

• Members

What's up with playing under a ceiling fan?

A frequency-shifting Doppler effect...the fan plays with the upper frequencies of the guitar, creating a home made tremolo. Even more pronounced w/ my harmonicas or concertina. Or my daughter singing right into a floor fan (one of the things she used to do to drive my ex-wife nutz :lol: )

Cool sound, ain't it? :p

• Members

Where have you been hiding?

Hey, Hud. Tough question...seemingly, as I try to think of a good answer. Just got a Macbook pro. Before that i'd check my email at the local tech college. Before that I was trying to find an exit from a past life, into this one, and I think I've arrived..somewhere.

Still no internet at home, and not planning to get it. Now I can go to a wifi spot when I feel like it, sit in my car.

Virgil's Root Beer..

Have been testing out my tube amps lately, they're sounding good, but one needs either a tube socket, or it's just loose..got a thing called a Tube Saturater, bought it years ago, meant to be used as a tube mic pre-amp, rack mounted. Has two 12ax7 s, saturation and OP controls, two channels. Using it as a pre-amp on my guitar amp. Wow! Gotta be the best pre-amp I've ever heard. Considering what it is: Mic pre-amps with tubes, no wonder it sounds so good. Far more tube saturation than you'd ever want, variable, can combine the two channels. Like adding one or two more over-driven tubes to the front end of your amp.

other than that, got protools, some recording gear. Summer's here..

Archived