Fender F-35 Acoustic-Electric

kimona

• Members

I picked up a Fender F-35 Acoustic-Electric yesterday evening. Seems to be a well-built laminate in outstanding condition. Anybody know anything about these old Fenders. Serial number is 7920475.

• Members

I got my son a 70s F-50. Looks like Fender and many other Japanese acoustic makers were copying the Martin look shamelessly. But a nice looking guitar, with herringbone, a back stripe and inlaid (or at least inlaid-looking) headstock. OM size.

Very nicely made--it's in perfect condition after 30 years--but the finish is too thick. Still, over time it's got a lovely tone. Solid top, lam rosewond b&s. Only cost about $100, so it's well worth it. I doubt you'd find as well made a solid-lam combo for less than about $400 or $500 today.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

I used to own a Fender F-65. Bought it new in early '82. Kept it for 28 years before selling it. Not a bad guitar. Actually, the "F" series acoustic Fenders, in my opinion. were probably some of the best acoustics Fender ever built. Never had the first problem with mine the whole time I owned it.

They weren't really all that cheap compared to other (better) guitars on the market at the time they were being made. (Mid 70s thru about '81).

Everything you ever needed to know about the Fender F series: http://www.philsfenders.com/information.html

• Members

JerryBee49 wrote:

I love my F-35 F 7840344. beautiful sound, easy to play. But you want to use light strings on it. Easy on the fingers that way and sounds great.

Glad you like your guitar but I assume you're aware that this thread is over 4 1/2 years old.

Archived