Taylor 114CE or the Martin GPCPA5K

rkittleberger

• Members

I've played electric for a long time, but I want to get my hands on a good acoustic and have narrowed it down to these two.

Any thoughts? I feel like they're both solid choices. Leaning towards the Taylor.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/taylor-114ce-sapele-spruce-grand-auditorium-acoustic-electric-guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/martin-performing-artist-series-gpcpa5k-acoustic-electric-guitar

• Members

Whatever floats your boat...

But I - personally - do believe that the Performing Artist Series is the best "modern" acoustic guitar, as the Standard Series is the best "traditional" acoustic guitar.

THen again, I am not a Taylor-Fan. Not at all. Don't like their sound, don't like their feeling, don't like their ethics.

• Members

Have you been able to lay hands on either instrument?

They are very similar level intruments.

I believe you might consider tossing the Breedlove Passport 250 in the body style of your choosing on the heap as well

I'd also consider the Ovation 1868AX.

Of the two you listed, I'd tend to be a tad more partial to the Taylor. IMHO it is built of slightly better stuff.

If you haven't had the opportunity to play them, you really should. Your hands and ears need to be in full agreement on whatever you choose.

Good luck on your journey of guitar fulfillment.

• Members

Oldguy64 wrote:

Have you been able to lay hands on either instrument?

They are very similar level intruments.

I believe you might consider tossing the Breedlove Passport 250 in the body style of your choosing on the heap as well

I'd also consider the Ovation 1868AX.

Of the two you listed, I'd tend to be a tad more partial to the Taylor. IMHO it is built of slightly better stuff.

If you haven't had the opportunity to play them, you really should. Your hands and ears need to be in full agreement on whatever you choose.

Good luck on your journey of guitar fulfillment.

I agree on the Breedlove C250 series. I just bought the C250/CMe and absolutely am loving it. The guitar has full, balanced tone and plenty of volume. The electronics sound great.

Archived