prs

ArrMatey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by assassinater

hey no reason to start acting like a bitch about things i wasnt trying to say i play the best guitars in the world but you get alot more for your money then with a POS, oh sorry PRS. and i bet you would disagree with everything ive said about PRS, its the only way you can justify yourself wasting your money. Not my problem, its yours.

Dude , listen to yourself..You're the one that sounds like a bitch.

Why the {censored} are you being such an asshole to those who do not agree with you.

Are you older than 16? If so act your {censored}ING AGE.

You cant even have a decent conversation. All you do is slamm!

Sometimes I dont know why I even bother with this trash hole of a forum!!

• Members

Do i see any reason to spend $1700.00 dollars on a guitar with absolutley no options just because it says paul reed smith? hell no.

I didn't buy it because it said PRS. I bought it because it was built so solid and sounded amazing. I don't need "options" like inlays and pretty things on the top. I would've gladly paid $2400 for this guitar because of the tone. It's really mind blowing.

• Members

Originally posted by Norcal_GIT_r

You can feel as you want but I've never played a Schecter that even comes close to comparing to any of my PRS guitars. Sorry.

I realize there a lot of lesser experienced players here that really cant tell the difference in quality, woods, tone etc..And thats fine. Those guys wont be able to appreciate why a PRS cost so much.

And in their case thats fine, a Schecter will do nicely.

Unfortunately for me I absolutely can tell a difference.

PRS guitars are just as much handmade today as they were in the late 80s and early 90s. If you really did your research you would know this.

It's just that they have 4 times the the employees working than they did in the begining.

As far as Warriors goes, I've never played one. But looking at them they appear to be riding the coat tails of PRS.

Maybe Bruce Bennett, who is the original designer and forum member could chime in with his experiences.

I know he doesnt have a lot of good things to say about Warrior at this point in their career.

Either way I've been playing PRS Guitars for 20 years and have more experience here with them than most of the forum members here have been playing.

Basically nothing you will say to me will ever change my mind.

Only my experiences will change my mind. So far PRS has been outstanding for me as a player.

once again someone not getting my point. if prs lowered the price on their guitars i would have no problem with them. and i did do my research, ever heard of a duplicarver. prs at one point didnt use one. now they have many. woods over the years have got worse. I dont know where you get off thinking im just some punk kid who doesnt know {censored} about guitars. Im not saying a diamond series schecter sounds as good or better than a prs im saying they are definitly a better buy than a prs simply because of cost to option ratio. If you want to believe that you are part of some elite musical force because you play overpriced guitars and feel you have to make excuses for why you play them and deny the facts thats fine. if i spent that much money on an inferior instrument i would do the same thing. And since bruce bennet didnt exactly leave warrior on good terms, i dont expect him to have many good things to say about the brand. and to top it all off if you cant see that prs is going the way of gibson, you obviously missed that they started offering imports. That my friend is always the beginning of the end.

• Members

The only US Schecters I've played were essentially strat and tele copies.

Very nice guitars but I'd just as well play a decent Fender.

Except with set necks, humbuckers, tone pro's, etc., etc.

Hmm, nevermind.:rolleyes:

I prefer Fenders too, but c'mon man.

• Members
Originally posted by BillyCorgan

I didn't buy it because it said PRS. I bought it because it was built so solid and sounded amazing. I don't need "options" like inlays and pretty things on the top. I would've gladly paid $2400 for this guitar because of the tone. It's really mind blowing.

My no frill LP was less than a grand(Discontinued 2002 LP Junior Special w/ 490s and flat maple cap). It is just as solid as any LP standard (more so than many) and sounds amazing. $950 for LP Standard tone and feel, thats really mind blowing.
328606228gikEIM_ph.jpg

• Members

once again someone not getting my point. if prs lowered the price on their guitars i would have no problem with them. and i did do my research, ever heard of a duplicarver. prs at one point didnt use one. now they have many.

Once your statments are incorrect.

The only hand carved PRS guitars are from the late 70s and early 80s before there was a company called PRS guitars.

There is only a handful of these guitars.

From they day PRS opened its doors as a business in 1985 they used a duplicarver.

Essential an old school CNc machine.

1995 they switched to an actual cnc machine.

Get your {censored}in facts straight befroe [posting again.

If you dont want to beleive my facts please give Shaun a call at PRS, he'll be glad to set you straight.

• Members

Dude , listen to yourself..You're the one that sounds like a bitch.

Why the {censored} are you being such an asshole to those who do not agree with you.

Are you older than 16? If so act your {censored}ING AGE.

You cant even have a decent conversation. All you do is slamm!

Sometimes I dont know why I even bother with this trash hole of a forum!!

jesus, man now go back through what you just said and tell me what age that reflects. I get pissed at the fact that he makes a snide remark about me playing warrior. Thats why im being an asshole. and im 24 if you must know not that that or my remarks to black blade are any of your business. if you look back at alot of these posts alot of people are assholes i just happen to be the only one that lives in {censored}ing reality.

• Members

The only US Schecters I've played were essentially strat and tele copies.

Very nice guitars but I'd just as well play a decent Fender.

They make MANY other guitars that are nothing like Fenders. Their Exploler copy is simply amazing.

• Members

You can feel as you want but I've never played a Schecter that even comes close to comparing to any of my PRS guitars. Sorry.

I realize there a lot of lesser experienced players here that really cant tell the difference in quality, woods, tone etc..And thats fine. Those guys wont be able to appreciate why a PRS cost so much.

And in their case thats fine, a Schecter will do nicely.

Unfortunately for me I absolutely can tell a difference.

PRS guitars are just as much handmade today as they were in the late 80s and early 90s. If you really did your research you would know this.

It's just that they have 4 times the the employees working than they did in the begining.

As far as Warriors goes, I've never played one. But looking at them they appear to be riding the coat tails of PRS.

Maybe Bruce Bennett, who is the original designer and forum member could chime in with his experiences.

I know he doesnt have a lot of good things to say about Warrior at this point in their career.

Either way I've been playing PRS Guitars for 20 years and have more experience here with them than most of the forum members here have been playing.

Basically nothing you will say to me will ever change my mind.

Only my experiences will change my mind. So far PRS has been outstanding for me as a player.

You are a {censored}ing moron. You should stop now before you look like an ass - oops, too late!

Why does a PRS costs so much? Well, they have to pay a lot of overhead (product endorsements, ads in the guitar magazines, etc.).

PRS are not handmade!! That's proven fact. They use CNC machines, you dolt!

• Members

Originally posted by oggy

They make MANY other guitars that are nothing like Fenders. Their Exploler copy is simply amazing.

I'm not saying they dont.

I'm only talking about my actual expereinces.

Too many people post on this forum without any expereince on what they are posting about.

I prefer to only post on what I've expereinced instead of just making {censored} up like so many do here. I'm not lumping you into that group.

But just read the assinators posts. Anyone who knows PRS knows that guys is blowing a bunch of hot air.

He's at the point here hes just lookin like a fool.

• Members

Originally posted by ibanezhater

You are a {censored}ing moron. You should stop now before you look like an ass - oops, too late!

Why does a PRS costs so much? Well, they have to pay a lot of overhead (product endorsements, ads in the guitar magazines, etc.).

Me an idiot obviously you have never been to the factory.

Theres 200 people hand assemblying guitars 2 shifts a day.

Do you think robots put these things together.

EVERYONE cuts bodies and necks with a cnc machine

{censored}ing clueless people I;m out you guys argue all you want .

• Members

Once your statments are incorrect.

The only hand carved PRS guitars are from the late 70s and early 80s before there was a company called PRS guitars.

There is only a handful of these guitars.

From they day PRS opened its doors as a business in 1985 they used a duplicarver.

Essential an old school CNc machine.

1995 they switched to an actual cnc machine.

Get your {censored}in facts straight befroe [posting again.

If you dont want to beleive my facts please give Shaun a call at PRS, he'll be glad to set you straight.

in reality {censored} head since i put no time limitations on my statement i would actually be correct. Now either way they are not handmade they are not worth what they ask, with a hamer you get twice the guitar for half the price, and you can actually get The unimportant cosmetic upgrades that many people actually like on a guitar. instead of abalam birds and a ten top that a {censored}ing fender photo flame puts to shame. you mentioned that you dont even know why you bother with this forum. well you know what i dont either so go play your overpriced boat paddle and lets move on shall we?

• Members

Originally posted by ibanezhater

I think you better be a little careful there and not turn the firehose against yourself.

Go back and carefully read NorCal's posts and hopefully you will realize the err of your ways.

PaulS

• Members

hey no reason to start acting like a bitch about things i wasnt trying to say i play the best guitars in the world but you get alot more for your money then with a POS, oh sorry PRS. and i bet you would disagree with everything ive said about PRS, its the only way you can justify yourself wasting your money. Not my problem, its yours.

I didn't disagree with everything you said.

I just don't like your style. You try to act so macho and come off like your thee authority on electric guitars. I've been playing guitar longer than you've been alive, if indeed you are 24. So stop acting like a childish idiot newb, and try to have a little respect for other musicians on this forum.

Oh and by the way, most of my guitars

are not PRS, so don't try and make me out to be some kind of PRS loyalist.

• Members

Originally posted by black blade

I didn't disagree with everything you said.

I just don't like your style. You try to act so macho and come off like your thee authority on electric guitars. I've been playing guitar longer than you've been alive, if indeed you are 24. So stop acting like a childish idiot newb, and try to have a little respect for other musicians on this forum.

Oh and by the way, most of my guitars

are not PRS, so don't try and make me out to be some kind of PRS loyalist.

Allright ill be the first to apologize for the rude comments. guitars are a passion of mine and i am much a gear head. i just think PRS guitars are overpriced. Thats all. And again i apologize to all whom i may have offended. and yes i am the age i say i am.

• Members

Allright ill be the first to apologize for the rude comments. guitars are a passion of mine and i am much a gear head. i just think PRS guitars are overpriced. Thats all. And again i apologize to all whom i may have offended. and yes i am the age i say i am.

Hey , no problem , we all get a little passionate about this stuff.

It takes a man to apologize and I respect that. ( Also I agree with you about the prices of some of these new guitars. I always buy mine used usually off ebay at a big discount. )

• Members

It takes a man to apologize and I respect that. ( Also I agree with you about the prices of some of these new guitars. I always buy mine used usually off ebay at a big discount. )

thats where i usually get my guitars as well. but im finding it harder and harder for me to find a decent guitar at a decent price.

• Members

I just picked-up an Ibanez SZ520. It has a 25.1" scale, a set mahog neck, mahog body with a thick, nice quitted maple top.

I have played a few PRS guitars over the years and I own many others, including guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender and others.

I think any guitar priced over $1k is getting into the area of diminishing returns.

My LP was bought when Gibson wanted to sell guitars to guitar players, not attorneys. My Fenders are likely worth more now, than when I bought them due to their age. I've assembled three Warmoths that all cost less than $1k.

The new Ibanez is a top-notch instrument. I'm not fond of the ceramic based pickups, but they are very workable. The fit and finish, wood quality, fretwork, tuners and bridge are all good to excellent quality.

I paid $375 cash brand new.

Archived