prs

ArrMatey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by assassinater

compared to the locking PRS tuners i think the mcarty tuners are a little lacking in quality factor. ive never liked kluson style tuners but thats just personal preference.

yeah locking tuners are cool but what they are using actually do work great though. they can't use their locking tuners on the mccartys because of the thicker headstocks.

• Members

Originally posted by assassinater

Dude, you just proved my point ten fold. its not that PRS are Production guitars its the fact that they are production guitars at Handmade prices. And prs are not what they used to be by a long shot. Any guitar that costs $3000.00 and comes with a bridge that you cant even intonate is blasphemy. Ten tops of today are the wood they use to take home to make a fire with. Mcarty's using {censored}y Kluson style tuners? A heel that i could fit my dinner on? and the cost for the options on thier guitars is just insane. But you asked what is a better quality production guitar?

Well if price is no object that is kind of hard to compete with

But if you wanted a realistic price for your production guitar i would say just about every brand name production guitar prs is left in the dust by guitars with solid wood, tone pros bridges, grover tuners, seymour duncan pickups, and overseas manufacturers are now using thicker tops rather than veneers

PRS= good guitar

Schecter= good guitar

PRS vs. what you get for the money = Bull{censored}

Schecter = hell of a lot for very little.

and no i dont play schecter, nor would i buy an import guitar.

i play warrior guitars. which eat prs and its lunch.

When you get done intonating most any guitar compare it to the PRS fixed bridge and it will have almost the same exact settings, as in how the bridge saddles are located. I had a Singlecut and it never needed to be intonated and the PRS bridges don't have any moving parts.

And i played a Warrior just a few weeks ago. It played nice but for the price it was the perfect example of overpriced hype. It was $3000 and i compared it directly to a Les Paul Classic and a PRS 22 and both those guitars topped the Warrior in sound. COnstruction on all 3 were a toss up. BUt the PRS and Paul were both in the 1500-1700 range which made them a no-brainer. Also the Warrio was just plain butt ugly.

• Members

Most high-end guitars are overpriced anyway, IMO. I definitley agree with the point that assasinator is making; I think there are a lot of great guitars you can get like schecter, esp, jackson, and epihpone that cost less than $1000. Those are good quality guitars that most people can afford.

• Members

Originally posted by nrarocks

Most high-end guitars are overpriced anyway, IMO. I definitley agree with the point that assasinator is making; I think there are a lot of great guitars you can get like schecter, esp, jackson, and epihpone that cost less than $1000. Those are good quality guitars that most people can afford.

I mostly judge guitars by how they feel. I feel i can really tell how good the thing is constructed, i have been buying and selling guitars since the 80s. I played a bunch of Andersons today and frankly, i wasn't impressed by any of them. I also played some PRS guitars which didn't do anything for me. But right now the only guitars that really work for me would be a Les Paul or a good PRS. I just like the way they are designed and i feel you can easily find a keeper, even though i played a Mccarty and a few Custom 24s that were just, egh. I have played a bunch of guitars under the $1000 range and most just have a cheap feel to me, especially LP knock offs like Agiles. Those Schecters, eh, they are ok. I am not into bolt on guitars in general though these days. The Andersons today that i played looked kinda nice but just played ok. They really were not much better than any of the cheap Ibanez guitars there. I bet in a blindfold test not many people would hear the difference between a $3000 Anderson Drop Top and some $800 Ibanez. But Les Pauls, they just do it for me, whatever "it" is. With PRS guitars i have to be a little picky and i would NEVER buy one new. You can sweet deals on CUstom 22s or Mccarty guitars in the $1200-1700 range. Of course buying used on ebay is always a risk unless you see someone who is local.

Archived