Hello! Looking for new guitar...

guitardude24

• Members

Hello all...I need some advise on my next guitar purchase.

I've been playing for about 3 years and currently have a cheap Ibanez GRX series and an OLP petrucci guitar with dimarzio PU's. This runs into my Pod XT pro and Carvin TS100 tube power amp and plays through my Avatar 212 cab w/ one V.30 and one G12H speaker.

I listen to, and play similar styles, the following bands...

Dream Theater

Symphony X

Racer X

Alter Bridge

Radiohead

Pain of Salvation

I am currently looking to upgrade my guitar situation, as i have just finished upgrading my other gear and it needs something worthy playing through it!

Here are a few of the guitars i have come across that have sparked some attention...

Ibanez RGT42

ESP LTD M-200FM-red

and a little more expensive...

Ibanez JPM

EBMM JP

Those last ones are out of my price range, but i thought i might put them down anyway!

So, I'm looking for a guitar with a Floyd-Type trem, 24 frets, 2 HUmbucking Pickups, one volume, one tone, 3/5 way switch...

Locking tuners, and special inlays are both a plus!

So maybe some people could give some advice...I play progressive music, with a heavy flair...

I've checked out the reviews for these guitars, but maybe some people could shed some insight on what they know about the guitars...

Also, if anyone knows of other guitars that would fit my style, please tell me!

My price cap is around $700 at absolute

max...i don't mind going used, but some of these are hard to find used...

Any help would be great! Also ask me any questions that would help in this situation!

Thanks

• Members

look for a used Ibanez RG3120 Prestige, best RG/Prestige I've ever played, I almost paid 1300 bucks for one when they came out years ago, glad i didnt, and lately ive been kind of tempted to grab one since they're going for dirt cheap

Archived