GRECO Les Paul Custom

SpiritOfTheAge

• Members

they made a few models some of which were very high end and those sell for more now than they did new. Models ending in 800, 900, 100 and 1200 are considered the better models.

I don`t own any Greco LPs but I have 3 strats from the late 70s...600 and 800 models and they are real nice guitars. Well made with good quality parts and mine are sen wood, which is a very defined grain lumber, I like tham very much and would buy other older Grecos if the price were right.

• Members

Originally posted by MrDave

I think that says it all. I'll take Nashville or Kalamazoo, thanks.

If I would have the same "guitar-philosofy" I would only play old Hagstrom and Levin guitars. Nothing wrong with that though.. anyways, those crazy japanese people can make some sweet guitars you should try some out!

• Members

Apparently you know nothing of the history of Jap guitars?

The Fujigen Gakki plant is known to put out some of the nicest guitars around! Just because they are Asian doesn't mean they don't know how to do things! Heck if Americans had half the work ethic, Gibson probably wouldn't be in such hot water with QC problems...

Fender had to pull itself out of the crap they made in the 80's because they realized that the Japanese were making better guitars in Japan than Fender was in America!

• Members

Originally posted by Lawton

Hey. I have a Greco '61 SG copy that's really nice.

...and the best made US guitars don't come out of Nashville or Kalamazoo, btw (Ricks are made somewhere in California, I believe)...

;)

Haha +1

Add Maryland to that one too... PRS Hollowbody II's are the shizzle...

• Members

I own a Gibson LP, which can't hold a candle to my Burny LP copy (Fujigen Gakki) IMO.

Fujigen Gakki has made Orville, Orville by Gibson, Burny, Greco, Fender Japan, and many others and currently produces the Epiphone Elites and Elitist line. Not too shabby...

geddins81- I bought my Burny from TCGakki and I recommend them highly.

• Members

Originally posted by Mistersuperfly

The Fujigen Gakki plant is known to put out some of the nicest guitars around! Just because they are Asian doesn't mean they don't know how to do things! Heck if Americans had half the work ethic, Gibson probably wouldn't be in such hot water with QC problems...

I couldnt agree with you more.

::starts looking arround for an american made tv:::

• Members

Fender had to pull itself out of the crap they made in the 80's because they realized that the Japanese were making better guitars in Japan than Fender was in America!

Not to mention they're almost entirely responsible for the vintage reissue market thanks to the accurate replicas they were churning out in the late 70's.

MrDave: Gibson is just a name, and America is just geography. I'll let the guitar do the talking, thanks. :)

• Members
Originally posted by geddins81

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but it sort of deals with a question I have. I'm looking for some Japanese website dealers who will ship to the US....I'm interested in Orvilles, Burnys, etc...any help?

here you go.....go on ebay and go to any of these sellers......and theyll have plenty of the burny's ,greco's,orvilles,yamaha studio lords,tokai's etc ...all the awesome les paul copies youll need...........guitarsjapan,hisashi0731,japanoldguitar,mijsixstringskatana,naohide87,seikosuru2003,..............just type in those ebay sellers.....and you should have plenty to pick from..........

• Members

Here's my two Grecos, '89 and '84 respectively.

Fuji Gen Gakki product. They are every bit as nice

in the tone and playability dept. as they look..

Greco_LP's_3.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Archived