Chuck Levine's Washington Music Center

ebuljan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ebuljan

Anyone have any experiences with Chuck Levins Washington Music Center?
http://www.chucklevins.com/

I'm thinking of making a purchase and have never heard of them before. Got a quote for a guitar $100 less than MF, but MF's easy return policy makes up for the fact that they occasionally ship broken guitars.

I hear their guitars come with an extra dose of mojo installed :D:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by ebuljan

Anyone have any experiences with Chuck Levins Washington Music Center?
http://www.chucklevins.com/

Never bought anything online from them since I work about 20 minutes away from their store. They are a local independent, family operated store that has done all the right things and have continued to grow because of it. I bought my daughters clarinet from them (yes there are other instruments besides guitars :) ) . They are a reputable firm and I would not hesitate to buy online from them if I were you.

• Members

Originally posted by Jimi Ray Halen

Geez how many of you HCers are around here? I'm in College Park right now.

They beat MF's price on my amp by like $50.

I work in Germantown and live outside Frederick. Maybe we should all get together for a big Maryland jam session :D .

• Members

Originally posted by Ronzo II

Or so he'd like us to THINK. Him and Sam Ash...

Actually, it's true, Chuck did pass away just recently. It was in our local papers. I don't think he's been running the business for a while though due to age/health. I believe his son has pretty much taken over.

As a side note, there was an interesting story about Levins on the news just last week. Apparently some one broke into their Gaithersburg store several years ago and stole some gear...mostly brass and woodwinds if I remember correctly. Back in those days they didn't have a lot of $2K Gibsons on the walls. Anway, the culprit is (guessing) going through a "12 step program" to get their life back on track and is making up for past offenses. Levins recieved an apology letter along with a check for around $2K to pay for the stolen equipment.

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

errr...that is not a pic of Chuck, that pic is a joke capt. bringdown
:)

I realize that. It's just that I have known Chuck since I was young kid many many years ago.

He used to take care of us when my dad would take me to the store.

• Members

Originally posted by Norcal_GIT_r

I realize that. It's just that I have known Chuck since I was young kid many many years ago.

He used to take care of us when my dad would take me to the store.

Its nice that you have fond memories. IMHO they are some of the greatest tributes to how someone touched others lives while on this earth.

*klunk*

humor lever firmly switched to off. last one out shut off the lights.

Archived