Got my new LOVE ROCK !!

crossroads69

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeahh man...it was just what i hoped for.

Its feels so much better than my Squier strat,just the build quality.
Sound wise the stock pups are much better than Squier....now I seriously think I will have to change the stock Squier pups.Since I had just one guitar this just shows me how better they get.

No offense to the Squier strat.....its good for the money thats under $200.All it needs is new set of electronics......the strat feels more comfortable,its much more ergonomic....the contours,the neck....just that it needs a upgrade.

Love Me Rock Me!!

• Members

well I have to say that the neck wasnt that bassy it was just my stratty single coiled ears!!also my EQ settings didnt help....

Just plugged it in....selected the VOX preset Blackface mode.....wow the neck sounds so sweet!!it was my inexperience with the EQ settings...with the presets the clean neck tones are sweet........

Plugged in RP80 'Britisg Stack' mode......the neck does all my wannabe-clapton tones........

On high gain amp like Numetal the bridge kicks ass!!overall i think these stock pups are good........the sound keeps getting better each time i play....wow!!

One more thing is the sustain......its amazing.Now i know what you people mean when u talk bout Les Paul sustains......man this thing wails!!

The neck profile is very comfortable.....very nice.

• Members

Originally posted by crossroads69

Thanks for the replies guys!

here it is

Thanks for the headstock pic!

That's a very nice axe. I might have to pick up a few of those.

JSD,

Those things available with ebony fretboards ala LP Customs?

• Members

Is that Mother of Toiletbowl fret marers or what?

It is a nice Axe but with the Agile 3500 being the same price and having a Ebony fretboard and Abalone, its kinda a no brainer.

I do like the headstock on it though.

• Members

Originally posted by scrapdizzy

It is a nice Axe but with the Agile 3500 being the same price and having a Ebony fretboard and Abalone, its kinda a no brainer.

True as that may be, the Tokai neck is MUCH more comfy.

• Members
Originally posted by StatesboroBlues

Let's see, the Tokai has: Correct Gibson cutaway shape, correct Gibson LP Standard position marker material, almost correct Gibson head shape. Kind of a no brainer.
:)

True. Anothere reason the Tokai is just another guitar trying to be a Gibson and the Agile is just an Agile with its own uniqueness.

Im not knocking the Tokai, hell ill probably buy one some day. Im just trying to see a pic of the damn profile of the neck.

• Members

Originally posted by scrapdizzy

The Agile is clearly a better bargain. If getting the best axe you can at the lowest price possible is your criteria, Agile is still hard to beat.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay the difference for the more accurate horn shape and the closer headstock. Yes, it's true I could simply by a Gibson but I rather enjoy playing copies.

• Members

Bought it from JSD Guitar Shack in Canada.i didn't have to pay any duty and the guitar cost $500.

I prefer the mother or pearl inlays to abalone and the rosewood f/b seems more accurate to standard les pauls than ebony.

The neck is very comfy...will post apic of the profile soon.

Archived