Got my new LOVE ROCK !!

crossroads69

• Members

Yes its here!!the wait was surprisingly cut short to just a week and I got my new Tokai Love Rock.

JSD GuitarShack did a great job of packaging and shipping out the same day.Canadapost did a great job...got it tdy when the standard delivery said May 5th.

LoveRock007.jpg

LoveRock008.jpg

LoveRock009.jpg

Ain't she a beauty?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How do i post the images here?

back to the guitar:

The finish is Faded Tobacco Sunburst.Looks classy,I am very impressed.The set-up is good,maybe I will change the strings.
The fingerborad seems nice though the neck feels way different for a strat guy like me.

It's not very heavy and very comfortable to play.Sounds good unplugged.I play thorugh a VOX AD30.

First tried the AC30 setting........the neck is a bit bassy for my taste.I played a few blues lines and rhythms.I need some more clarity here but not too bad.The toggle switch seems to be ok.The bridge sounds much better....I like it.Tried to get some beatley sounds playing "she said she said".Much better than my Squier strat..........

Now into UK Modern (Marshall) setting.The bridge rocks.....great for crunch and power chords.the neck feels better too.....I tried the 'woman' tone by rolling off tone.Very good!Kills my strat here......

Finish : 9.5/10
Sound (Clean) : 7.5/10
Sound (OD): 9/10

Overall i am happy !! Love it!! Recommend it !!

Maybe someday change to SD Jazz/JB but I am loving it.....

JSD GuitarShack is great place to get them from.Very responsive and nice to deal with.He answered each and every email and even sent me more actual stock pictures to help me decide on the finish.I recommend Tokai Love Rock and JSD !!

Love Rock me baby............

• Members

Well JSD has impressed. Also glad to help you out!

That neck is just so damn comfy, ain't it?

Nice lookin guitar for sure. I loooooove that black cherry one he has on his site too!

I'm relieved you love it! I always fear giving advice on something i love and someone else hating it. Doesn't happen often, thankfully! :D

• Members

Glad to hear you like it, I'm actually surprised you got it that quick. I guess customs and the postal service knew how anxious you were to get it....;)

Enjoy it bud...:cool:

ArrMatey, they are based on the '59 style neck, not thin but not like a baseball bat either.

• Members
Originally posted by JSD

ArrMatey, they are based on the '59 style neck, not thin but not like a baseball bat either.

The neck is what I like to call "perfect"! :D

To n0fx:
They make SG's, PRS's, Strats, Teles, firebirds, explorers, even Ric copies. Also have seen some STUNNING colors that aren't offered on things below $500.

Archived