My New Agile

StratFW

• Members

I've had my Agile 3500 for about two weeks. I had the guitar shipped double-boxed, no case, and it arrived in magnificent condition. 1 string was out of tune and only 2 minor intonation adjustments needed. Very small setup time on this one. This guitar feels and plays like a dream. The fretwork is excellent. The tuners are simply unbelievable. This guitar can stay in tune after hours of serious bending. The pickups have a very nice warmth about them. The pots are quite nice, too. I can dial up distorted or clean tones when playing. Plus, the ebony fretboard is very conducive to blues and 60s/70s rock. I'm getting some Zeppelin and classic Stones vibe out of this thing.

This guitar is definitely worth the price of admission. I bought it to have a good "working" instrument that's capable of bringing it home live or in the studio. This baby does both. Lefties don't have many good choices for guitars. I've played the traditional "well respected" names over the past 25 years and found as many clunkers as good ones. Maybe it's different for right-handed guys but I've played strats, teles, and les pauls that were horrible. I once had a tele that put the "D" in dead. I've had some good ones, too. I have a '92 LP (does an almost perfect Slash sound circa GNR with a Marshall amp) and a '04 MIM strat with '69 pups that I really like. This Agile is also a keeper.

agileSR.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pics.

agileDRRI.jpg

• Members

Hey StratFW, nice guitar!

I think the 3500's have the solid maple cap, not the cheaper laminate. Do you get much of the 3D/motion effects from the flame?

I'm trying to figure out which guitars under $500 or so have the best tops. I love figured maple :)

• Members

You say the tuners are great. I just bought an SX and the guitar either has a hard time staying in tune or else the new strings are still getting worked in. Either way, do you know which brand tuners you have and if I could order them for an SX from Rondos?
thanks, and congrats on your new guitar it looks great.

• Members

Responses

72 bonne - Tuners are Grover. Very nice. I assume you can order these things from a number of places.

miked 58 - I try not to look down to much when playing cause I get dizzy. Don't ask me why (too much beer perhaps) - but there is some motion going on with flame.

Will

Archived