Ok, I seriously have a HUGE problem and I need help...

• Members

The other guitarist in my band let me borrow his amp because mine is a piece of trash...

Ok so I played it for a few months. I went over to our bassists house. He asked me to tune his bass so I plugged the bass into my RP100A to use the tuner function. So after I tuned him up, I played a few notes on the bass to make sure it was good intune....bad Idea.

I think I shot the amps speaker or something along those lines because it only has 2 channels and if you put it with gain MAX and volume MAX it only goes like hardly audible and I dont know what to do! what do I do!?

• Members

Unless you just went balls to the wall and made that loud blatty bass sound with the amp, it was probably not that. Check your cables and let the thing sit for a few minutes in the OFF position.

• Members

Next time you see your friend, tell him "Hey, man, why don't you come pick up this amp? You know, I've never used it... not once. Never even turned on the power. So, since I've seriously never ever used it, it's just, you know, wasting space in my house. Because I've never used it. So I'm sure it still sounds great, you know, just like when you loaned it to me. Because I've never used it"

Then if he calls you the next day and says "What the HELL is wrong with my amp???!!!" you should say "I don't know... why do you ask? Did you drop it or something after you picked it up? Well you must have- because I never even turned it on. Say, waht are you trying to do here? Are you accusing me of something? You rotten son of a bitch, I bet you did something to that amp and now you're trying to blame it on me!!"

Then, if he wants to pursue the matter, hit him over the head with an aluminum baseball bat.

• Members

I guess your best option is to bring it in to a repair place and see what the damage is. Accidents happen; you didn't know. At least it was a 30 watt practice amp and not a 100 watt 4x12!

• Members

Geez, just find out what's wrong and be straight up with the dude. If you try to screw him over, you'll eventually get screwed over yourself. You didn't intentionally abuse it, right? Tell him what happened, tell him you're sorry and buy him a beer or twelve.

• Members

Originally posted by Telefonic

Geez, just find out what's wrong and be straight up with the dude. If you try to screw him over, you'll eventually get screwed over yourself. You didn't intentionally abuse it, right? Tell him what happened, tell him you're sorry and buy him a beer or twelve.

Gawd, at least SOMEONE has some integrity.

TeleCastrMaster, Dude you're messed up!

• Members

Is this the one?

480743.jpg

If so you might want to invite your friend over and talk him into letting you toss it off a 5 story building.

Then after the laughter subsides and you sweep up the particle board dust and pc board shards take him out and buy him a nice (flinger's or chotzky's)lunch and a 12 pack of his choice.

I'd call it even at that point.

• Members

Originally posted by DestroyR0Senses

The other guitarist in my band let me borrow his amp because mine is a piece of trash...

Ok so I played it for a few months. I went over to our bassists house. He asked me to tune his bass so I plugged the bass into my RP100A to use the tuner function. So after I tuned him up, I played a few notes on the bass to make sure it was good intune....bad Idea.

I think I shot the amps speaker or something along those lines because it only has 2 channels and if you put it with gain MAX and volume MAX it only goes like hardly audible and I dont know what to do! what do I do!?

I play basses through guitar amps regularly, and that's never happened...

Archived