Ever come across your own stuff resold on EBAY?

Cougar Hunter

• Members

No.

But one day I was throwing some stuff away at the city dump and a guy asked me if he could have the cymbal case I was discarding. He gave me a story about picking up things for his nephew's band and that their drummer could use the case. Since I was getting rid of it anyway, I let him have it. The very next day, I saw the guy at a flea market with the cymbal case among the items he was selling.

• Members

Originally posted by El Glom-o

No.

But one day I was throwing some stuff away at the city dump and a guy asked me if he could have the cymbal case I was discarding. He gave me a story about picking up things for his nephew's band and that their drummer could use the case. Since I was getting rid of it anyway, I let him have it. The very next day, I saw the guy at a flea market with the cymbal case among the items he was selling.

Did you question him about it?

reminds me of the Arnold movie, Total Recal "i got 9 kids to feed man"

• Members

Originally posted by Paul Buerk

Yep. The ES-Jr. was auctioned off at a charity auction, and the guy later sold it on eBay for a healthy profit.

Is that the one you built? That was sweet, what did it go for? Was the guy a fool or what?

• Members

Yeah, I saw a guy sell a guitar he had bought from me off of ebay.

He saved all the pictures I'd taken and reused them in his auction.

And it went for $100 more then it did when I sold it!

:mad:

• Members

Thats whats fun about e-bay, you can play em a while and resell em for about what you gave, sometimes you lose a little and sometimes you gain a little.

Its alot of fun, ive had so many guitars the past few years.

• Members

I bought a goth V from musiciansfriend that was supposed to be
a "blemish" . When I got it it had a 12 inch long cut to to wood down one wing , chips out of the bottom of the wings , dents in the back and chip in the headstock. I raised hell about this "blemish" at MF but they did good by giving me a brand new one at the same price and overnighted the shipping.
Ok so a few months later , I see this V on Ebay minus all the hardware . So they either sold it again , or they do ebay for some stuff ?

• Members

Originally posted by GuitarPorter

I bought a goth V from musiciansfriend that was supposed to be

a "blemish" . When I got it it had a 12 inch long cut to to wood down one wing , chips out of the bottom of the wings , dents in the back and chip in the headstock. I raised hell about this "blemish" at MF but they did good by giving me a brand new one at the same price and overnighted the shipping.

Ok so a few months later , I see this V on Ebay minus all the hardware . So they either sold it again , or they do ebay for some stuff ?

Probably went to their clearance center in KCMO. What was the location of the seller? Probably a local who bought it, stripped it, and tried to get money back.

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

Is that the one you built? That was sweet, what did it go for? Was the guy a fool or what?

Yes, it's that one, and Thank you. I appreciate the comments, and yes I am an attention junkie.

At the auction, it went for $375 but not without some controversy. Other people were trying to bid on it, but the auctioneer service guys just blew it. The guy who won was just trying to help bid up the price (after all, it was for charity), and since the auctioneers couldn't see or hear he got stuck with it.

On eBay, he got $610 for it.

• Members

Originally posted by Paul Buerk

Yes, it's that one, and Thank you. I appreciate the comments, and yes I am an attention junkie.

At the auction, it went for $375 but not without some controversy. Other people were trying to bid on it, but the auctioneer service guys just blew it. The guy who won was just trying to help bid up the price (after all, it was for charity), and since the auctioneers couldn't see or hear he got stuck with it.

On eBay, he got $610 for it.

I never played it, of course, but just from the pics I'm thinking the ebay buyer got a steal.

• Members

Originally posted by BowerR64

Did you question him about it?

No.

I didn't give a damn since it was broken and I was getting rid of it anyway. And who knows, maybe he actually did offer it to his nephew's drummer, the drummer already had a case, this one was broken and missing the strap, so he was selling it at the flea market.

But it was funny a couple of weeks later when I bought something from him and called him by name. That surprised the hell out of him.

• Members

I sold a guy a superstrat I pieced together. It had a homemade body. It did not look homemade. It was really nice. But, when the guy resold it he claimed to believe it was a warmoth. I never gave him any reason to believe it was.

• Members

Last fall, I sold a guitar to a fellow forumite, then saw it on eBay about two weeks later, with the pictures I had sent to him. Apparently, his wife discovered that another guitar had arrived and objected. Vigorously.

• Members
Originally posted by jeffcoop

Last fall, I sold a guitar to a fellow forumite, then saw it on eBay about two weeks later, with the pictures I had sent to him. Apparently, his wife discovered that another guitar had arrived and objected. Vigorously.

You didn't play @ guitarmageddon did you??:confused::)

• Members

If you watch Ebay carefully you'll see a few guitars that turn up over and over again. I while back I got a Don Grosh off the 'bay. Turned out to be the worst Grosh I've ever played. Man.... it was truly terrible. Quickly resold it on Ebay for just about what I paid for it. Since then I've seen it up for bids three more times.

I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one that feels like it was a dud.

A

• Members

I sold a Marshall Silver Jubilee on Ebay that had a problem with the presence control. The guy I sold it to put it up for auction about two weeks later and did not mention the problem to the prospective buyers. That's pretty low if you ask me. He got about two hundred more for it.:mad:

• Members

Interesting thread... I've never seen anything that was *mine* as such up for resale on ebay, nearest I've come was i happened one day to chance across an ex's auctions, selling a bunch of stuff that was all presents I'd bought her. That was a bit weird at the time, cause i wasn't fully over her then. That aside, nah.

• Members
Originally posted by jerry_picker

What's sick is when you
buy
something that you once sold on Ebay, a couple owners down the line.

What's even worse is when you don't realize it's the exact item you had before until you actually receive it.

You take the cake!! :D

Archived