Photbucket fun - see my junk

MoreCowbell

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

love that v, what is it?

It's an '81 Gibson, kind of a special edition called "The V" (engraved on the truss rod cover). It differs from a regular V in that it has a figured maple top over a mohogany body, cherry sunburst, ebony fingerboard, Dirty Fingers pickups, and different control layout, and a really fat neck. That guitar has alot of sentimental value, it was my first pro caliber guitar, got it when I was about 18 (back in '82, yikes). I was and still am a huge Michael Schenker fan, so there ya go. I learned so much on that guitar, and played so many gigs with it, I can't see ever letting it go even though I don't use it so much anymore.

• Members

Wow! nice how they all hang on your bathroom wall without anchors!!! :D

Seriously, what a great collection! I congratulate you on your wisdom never to have sold that "V". I have sold such incredible guitars (for peanuts...) when I was younger, many of them I could never afford again (Gibson SG custom, Hagstrom Impala, pre-lawsuit Ibanez L-5 copy, hand-made Yamaha acoustic L-9, etc.)

I once owned a nice Guild D-55 acoustic that I bought primarily because I was a huge fan of John Renbourn and I wanted to look like him! (I'm not kidding, but I've grown up since). I sold that guitar eventually and bought my beloved Larriv

• Members

Thanks everyone. I'm not really a collector or anything since everything I have gets used, I don't worry about resale. Everything I have fills a fairly unique role, not too much redundancy in there, over the years I needed a guitar to do this, a guitar to do that............and off we go. I still need a tele though.........haha.

Anyway, here's what everything is...........from top to bottom, left to right.

'81 Gibson V, as described in previous response.
'94 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus. The top looks plain in the pic, but in fact has a nice moderate flame to it. AWESOME resonant guitar. Sounds WAY too good to let go, and having a fixed bridge in the herd is nice. EVen the stock pickups are good after you move them away from the strings a bit, they come right into play.
Gibson L6S, late '70's I think. It's got pretty major wear on it, alot of mojo. Not my fav, but alot of sentimental value (B-day gift).
'97 EBMM Axis. I got this when I actually wanted to buy an LP, but all the ones I played were pretty uninspiring, so I used the money for this. I didn't have a guitar with a Floyd either. Years later I ran across the LP pictured, thank god I waited!.
'96 G&L legacy. A really great strat type guitar. May be selling it, I bought it from a friend who needed cash, but my Fender need is covered by my Fender.
'86 Jackson (Sam Dimas). This one's the bomb, my #1 all time fav. This is the most resonant, perfect sounding guitar I've ever played, it's been my main guitar for gigging, recording, everything. It's showing some wear, but I don't care, it'll never get sold. Yep, that's a Kahler bridge (love it), has an oil finished neck which I love. Pickups were switched to SD Screamin Demon and Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell, bridge and neck.
'02 Fender Malmsteen model. This one fills the void for all my Fender-y stuff, and with the scalloped neck it's just plain a blast to play. Love it.
Guild F47CE, not sure of the year, maybe late '90's? My only steel string acoustic. Really nice sounding, it's addictive.

• Members

Originally posted by MoreCowbell

'02 Fender Malmsteen model. This one fills the void for all my Fender-y stuff, and with the scalloped neck it's just plain a blast to play. Love it.

Does it take some effort to adjust from playing the scalloped neck to immediately picking up a non scalloped guitar (i.e. lighter touch, etc)? I've always wanted to try one but have never even seen one in perosn.

• Members

Originally posted by KoaFreak

Does it take some effort to adjust from playing the scalloped neck to immediately picking up a non scalloped guitar (i.e. lighter touch, etc)? I've always wanted to try one but have never even seen one in perosn.

I've heard some people say that, but for me it's never an adjustment, I go back and forth all the time. I do have to say that I'm one of those light touch people anyway, so maybe that's got something to do with it. I use high action too. It's one of those things that varies from person to person; most people who play that guitar aren't sure what to make of it, it feels too foreign to them. It's not for everyone, but for me it's earned a permanent place with me.

Archived