Original horn worth more?

guitarplayer

• Members

My Agile 2500 just weighs too much for me. Kills my shoulder and lower back so I'm going to sell it. Question is, mine is the original horn, do they fetch any more money than the newer stubs? Also, how much should I ask for it? It's cherry sunburst with the cream P 90's. Mine looks stunning and sounds fantastic, I just can't handle the weight. Thanks. Seems like this is Agile Central and someone here would know.

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

What kind of strap do you use with it? That makes all the difference on how a heavy guitar feels.

Agreed. My Les Paul was killing my neck and shoulder after a fair amount of playing, so I got myself one of these:

360553.jpg

Goodbye problem.

• Members

Originally posted by SixkillerNYC

Agreed. My Les Paul was killing my neck and shoulder after a fair amount of playing, so I got myself one of these:

360553.jpg

Goodbye problem.

yup got the same strap, nice and comfy

it's not that my gear is all that heavy, I'm just an old fart

• Members

Originally posted by guitarplayer

My Agile 2500 just weighs too much for me. Kills my shoulder and lower back so I'm going to sell it. Question is, mine is the original horn, do they fetch any more money than the newer stubs? Also, how much should I ask for it? It's cherry sunburst with the cream P 90's. Mine looks stunning and sounds fantastic, I just can't handle the weight. Thanks. Seems like this is Agile Central and someone here would know.

I also had an original horn Agile 2500 that was ungodly HEAVY. I tried to use it at a few practices but it was miserable to play for more than about 20 minutes. I sold it on Ebay and got 300 bucks for it. I thought that was a pretty good price.

• Members

Originally posted by wally62184

what kind of strap is that/where did u get it?

Looks a lot like the Fender Deluxe Wide strap, no Fender logo though. Nevertheless, I've found the afore-mentioned Fender Deluxe Wide leather strap to be the best, it's the widest I've found and also padded.

• Members

I have two blown discs in my back. My main axe weighs 8.5 lbs.

I can stand and play with this one for an hour then my back

hurts too bad. My original Agile 2800 weighs 11 lbs !!!!!:eek:

I'm good for about 10 minutes with this one. NO strap on earth

is gonna solve this problem. It does, however sound great to

sit in a chair and record with. AND BTW yes....I would think the

original horns would be worth a bit more but I also like the

stubbies too.;)

Archived