My #3...

Jkater

• Members

Heres is my third electric guitar. A Lag made in france late 90's. It had originally a tele type bridge with single coil sized stacked humbucker. I changed the bridge to install the burstbucker originally found on my LP. I had to enlarge the cavity and cut the pickguard a bit. I don't regret I did because one day I'm gonna put my favorite Humbucker in the bridge once I have gotten half an idea of what's good. The neck pup is the original Di Marzio Humbucker from hell which I like very much.

Other than that, Basswood body with a nice, if somewhat furniture looking, veneer; the maple neck has a great satin finish and an ebony fretboard with real abalone dots; the trussrod cover is made of wood; the wood binding around body and peghead is perfectly done; the heel has an interesting "half-moon" carving that makes the access to the upper frets quite comfortable. It is very light and comfortable. I just love the design of this guitar, the pickguard has a very interesting shape that fits this instrument. I'll never sell this guitar as it is very special for me.

lag2.jpg

lag3.jpg

lag4.jpg

lag02.jpg

lag.jpg

• Members

Nice! When i sw the mention of LAG i was having visions of some vile 80s metal thing that would make a Jackson look like a 57 Strat.... but that's really nice.

I'm reminded of the Squier 51 thingy in general design vibe. I'd go a bundle on that in Seafoam Green. :)

• Members

Originally posted by HypnoToad

Looks nice, love the color. Never heard of Lag before.

They are better known on the European market, of course. and they made quite an effort in the 90's at offering beautifully crafted guitars at a competitive price. Somehow it didn't work and they changed direction and ownership a few years ago. They are no longer the incredible deal they used to be but they still offer interesting guitars.

I started a thread to ask if any of you knew of them a while ago. They are truly unknown in the US, it transpires. That thread is of interest, if only for the witty gallophobic jokes it generated.

Here's the thread : http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=832519&highlight=Lag

Archived