eBay auction I won yesterday: black LP standard

celtic30

• Members

Thanks guys. Basically it depends on what I'm doing/playing for when I choose what guitars to play. I pretty much play them all about equally as ahrd as that is to imagine. Right now I have:

2 acoustic 6 strings
1 acoustic 12 string
1 bass
14 electrics

It's a bit of a problem, but oh well. Could be worse I suppose.

:)

• Members

Originally posted by celtic30

I was really happy with the price too since it was basically 100% mint and I got it for $1100. New ones now after the ridiculous Gibby price increases are like $2300 on MF.

Sounds like a great deal.

• Members
Originally posted by Kitarist

Thats a great deal but you can also probably play great also
:D

Well, you know David Gilmour and Jimi Hendrix? I'm nowhere as good as those guys...haha.

Nah, I'm by no means a great player at all. I'm just a hack that's been playing for 7 years or so and loves guitars and loves to play. Not much better than playing guitar with a live band full of your friends, having some drinks and talking to the ladies. I'm never gonna be a rockstar or make a living at it, but my weekend warrior status is perfect for me.

• Members
Originally posted by Dawn

Man, you got a GREAT deal on that standard. I'm surprised you weren't outbid. I'm very very jealous
;)

I hate to admit it but I sniped it. I watched the entire auction and placed my bid with 25 seconds left. After it registered there was only abou 5-10 seconds for someone to respond and they didn't have time. It sucks but I find that's basically the only way to win popular eBay auctions anymore. I'm really pumped for it to get here.

• Members
Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket

Nice price

I love the chunky necks !! too bad it weighs so much, but as long as it sounds good !
:cool:

At first I was a bit scared off by the heavy weight comments. But then I noticed that the guy had never weighed it and just "thought" it was heavy. We'll see once it gets here but I doubt a standard made in 96 weighs 10 or 11 pounds. I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt it. If it does though...hopefully it'll just make it sound chunkier and sustain more. Even though my back won't like it at gigs.

• Members

I'm in Chicago and it's coming from Milwaukee...shipping out today and should be here Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Discuss.

This guitar is only 90 minutes away!

Why don't you just pick it up yourself instead of trusting UPS to deliver it with no damage??? :confused:

I sold a guitar last month to a guy in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I live in Chicago, so Milwaukee is right in the middle. I drove to Brookfield, Wisconsin (just west of Milwaukee) to deliver it... meeting him half way. The drive was only 90 minutes from "da south side."

I got a little Hyundai Elantra, so it cost me $8 in gas... a mere pittance. It saved the buyer a bunch on shipping charges and we eliminated the chance of shipping damage.

To me, if a guitar is less than 2 hours away, I'll drive out to get it. If I'm selling a guitar, I'll drive up to 100 miles to deliver it. That's a gorgeous guitar you just bought. I wouldn't have let UPS or FedEx touch it with a 10 foot pole.

• Members

Thanks guys. Basically it depends on what I'm doing/playing for when I choose what guitars to play. I pretty much play them all about equally as ahrd as that is to imagine. Right now I have:

2 acoustic 6 strings

1 acoustic 12 string

1 bass

14 electrics

It's a bit of a problem, but oh well. Could be worse I suppose.

Ah to have the time....

Nice looking guitar enjoy :D

Archived