LPs should come in more brown finishes.

Chorused Clean

• Members

Why is it that there is always some new variation of sunburst color on a Les Paul? What we need are more natural wood colors don't you think? Imagine an LP Custom in these colors!

chestnut

dark brown

walnut

sable

What about an LP Custom with triple black binding that has a natural sitka spruce or red cedar top! That would be neat looking and sounding!

• Members

'sumthin tells me they make what they know their target audience is looking for and that market seems to be really into the traditional finishes.

Of course, that does not explain all those awful colors like burnt latte or whatever some of those recent additions were.:rolleyes:

• Members

I know what you mean by the burnt latte! those sunburst finishes seem to be rather invloved as well. It would be alot easier to create a great looking wood finish buffed to a fine lustre.
EdgySwingset, a rosewood top with black binding would look awesome indeed.

• Members

Originally posted by '56Goldtop

Gibson used to make white LP Standards, but they were never very popular.

Today, you can get LP Supremes and Customs in white.

...and studios

I really like the rosewood/black combo idea too.

• Members

Rootbeer is beautiful. I would guess that Desert Burst would qualify as a brown. kinda.

Jeff Beck's chocolate LP looked pretty good to me.

As far as the rosewood top, I'd love to see it. But I'd rather see a Cocobolo top with curly maple binding, especially with a Florentine cutaway (which would be much easier to do anyway).

• Members
Originally posted by NashSG

I'd like to see a LP Studio in the Tri Burst color that they use on the ES-137. I think with the minimal look without binding, that color would look really good on a Studio.

they do offer it in Fireburst, which is really similiar, especially in person...

lpst_fi.jpg

Archived