pics of S. Tedeschi signed Thinline

tamlyn1

• Members

I think you guys are right about spraying a thin layer of clear over it. It is a mexican so I would guess it is a poly finish. Should I use clear poly spray or maybe pay a pro to do it in case the urethane makes the indelible marker run? I also hate the pups in that guitar but want to keep it all Fender, does anyone know what american Fender humbuckers would work in that guitar....I want to keep the chrome Fender covers and the pickups in it are offset(3 poles on one side and 3 on the other) Or is there an American Fender humbucker with chrome covers?

Thanks

Tamlyn GB1F

• Members

I'd suggest paying a pro to do it. It's not that expensive, but you'll have to be without your guitar for a short while.

As for the pickups, I believe that's the only option that comes in that style. GuitarFetish.com has some replacements, but IIRC they're sized for a standard humbucker ring, not the original Fender size. Maybe there are some boutique guys out there (Lollar, Fralin, etc.) that can work something up for you. If you decide to get rid of them, please let me know - I like those pickups.

• Members

Paul I did find a guy who says he can custom wind them for me, we just need to find the right size rings si I don't have to unwind the existing coils. Once we get them apart and see if we can buy new ones you would be welcome to the old pups

Tamlyn

Archived