Locking tuners on my OLP suck...

guitardude24

• Members

They are so bad, i've broken 2 high e strings in 1 day and they break right at the tuner...I know it's a matter of over tightening, but if i don't tighting it enough, the string slips out and it goes out of tune, but even like a 1/4 turn more adn it slices the string off...i'm using .10 gauge Ernie Ball slinkies...

So, i need new tuners for my OLP petrucci guitar, but where/how can i get tuners in the 4+2 design headstock?

Do i have to custom oder or something?

Thanks

• Members

yeah, i guess...

Those Schaller Locking Mini tuners might work...i've heard of people using those before i think...$50 huh...well see...i don't have a job right now, although i have an interview at Daddy's Junky Music store in my town, hopefully i get that job! My friend works there and likes it a lot...

I'll just string it non-locking for now...i might try "de-burring" it, cause it's only the high e string that breaks, maybe do to burs in the tuner, maybe due to the thinness of the string...

Thanks

• Members

guitardude24

Pardon my ingnorance, but what type of locking tuners are on your OLP?

Are the stock tuners, and if so do you know who makes them?

By the way, I have Gotoh locking on my project guitar. They have never broken a string, and they have a simple operation--you just push the string through the hole, and turn the tuner-button, and it self locks.

The only down side is that they have a relatively low 16:1 ratio. Mine are six on a side, I don't know if they are sold individually.

Archived