Gibson Les Pauls are way over rated like

GuitarFreak

• Members

Originally posted by buckwild

Yeah yeah we all know their quality control is {censored}ty but when you get a good one there's nothing like it. Move on.

Not according to some of Gibsons lawsuits / legal threats

Maybe some of these names ring a bell,

Ibanez, Yamaha, Tokai, Burny, Greco, or maybe even PRS (ho ho)?

• Members

Everyone plays a Gibson right?

That's in your sig. Yeah they're a bit pricey, but they're pretty damn good.

Incidentally I work with someone form Winnipeg, can you give me any insider info with which to freak her out?

• Members

Just wondering what the hell is the purpose of a thread like this. It's getting old!!!! Yeah yeah we all know their quality control is {censored}ty but when you get a good one there's nothing like it. Move on.

I totally agree, I've been a member of this forum about 4 weeks and I'm utterly bored of seeing posts along these lines.

• Members

Originally posted by Knottyhed

I totally agree, I've been a member of this forum about 4 weeks and I'm utterly bored of seeing posts along these lines.

You'll see a lot more of it as well!

FWIW, I don't think they're overrated as guitars in themselves (apart from the fetishisation of the Nitro finish, maybe); the problem for me is that they are basically a GBP800 guitar selling for GBP1200.

• Members

Originally posted by Edward

You'll see a lot more of it as well!

FWIW, I don't think they're overrated as guitars in themselves (apart from the fetishisation of the Nitro finish, maybe); the problem for me is that they are basically a GBP800 guitar selling for GBP1200.

+1

Except, that if you want a Les Paul..really want one, then nothing else will really do.

I've always fancied a Lester...always had SGs instead.

For the past year I have played numerous LPs, and I've got a '71 custom black beauty at home on semi permanent loan.

None of the ones I have tried in shops have done it for me. The '71 custom is nice, but I prefer standards...this one is all Mahogany, and I like the maple cap, plus I'm not big on ebony fretboards and gold hardware.

Went out about 3 weeks ago to buy a les paul...tried loads, came home with and SG and a telecaster.

I'm gonna try again this week, My wife and I are making a special trip to a shop in London that has about 50 lesters in stock...if he doesn't have one I like, I might buy a classic (just to own one) AND an SG classic. Or I might buy a PRS.

but I know, if I dont bite the bullet and actually buy a Les Paul, I'll probably still be gassing for one, even though I'm struggling to find one that I want to take home.

• Members

Wow, this guy is too much. Today, we have a couple of anti-America posts and now because he doesn't have one, Gibson Les Pauls suck too.

Let me guess, his next post is "Jimmy Page sucks".

followed by "People who graduated from college suck."

Then, "Guys with hot girlfriends suck."

OK, "Guys with any girlfriend suck".

..."People with friends suck".

..."People with nice cars suck"

..."Tall guys with hot girlfriends and nice cars who play Gibson Les Pauls in California really, really suck!!!!"

My guess is that he is this short, lonely guy who wants people to think he matters.

Dude, lighten up!!!! Smile, say something nice, you might just get that girl - not like this you won't.

• Members

Just wondering what the hell is the purpose of a thread like this. It's getting old!!!! Yeah yeah we all know their quality control is {censored}ty but when you get a good one there's nothing like it. Move on.

YES YES ... but now we all can get a good one at Walmart ;)

Archived