Crazy idea for the coming Holidays...

• Members

Originally posted by mick8569

only if its deeply religious, but from many different religions. so no matter what ur belief u get offended. its prejudice to only offend some religions.

Well, keep in mind that I said "Christmas and Hanukkah" and Christmas songs can be secular as well. If there's a Buddhist, Hindu, whatever holiday, we can do something for that as well, when the time comes around.

• Members

I don't have anything right now and I am booked, but my wife has many Christmas songs recorded with a concert grand harp would that work.

She is working on a Christmas CD of classical tunes all performed with just the Harp. next year she will have a harp CD with other accompanyment for Christmas.

If you are intrested let me know.

• Members

If I can participate I'm going to go ahead and get started!

Since I'm still learning the ropes of recording it will give me a good project to get some work done.

Should we reserve songs..you know..so everyone doesn't do "we three kings?"

Or maybe that'd be cooler. :cool:

• Members

Fuzz...of course..seems like everything should be cool from concert harp to blues harp. ;)

Thelonius, great idea!

I've got a couple possibilities. One is a rockish "Cheap Tricky kind of" original...and the other is to do a sort of jazz version of Mel Torme's "Christmas Song" (although no one can do it like Nat could). I also at one time had a classical spoof of "12 Days of Christmas" that was fun.

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

Fuzz...of course..seems like everything should be cool from concert harp to blues harp.
;)

Thelonius, great idea!

I've got a couple possibilities. One is a rockish "Cheap Tricky kind of" original...and the other is to do a sort of jazz version of Mel Torme's "Christmas Song" (although no one can do it like Nat could). I also at one time had a classical spoof of "12 Days of Christmas" that was fun.

Hey, that's superexciting to me because Cheap Trick is one of my favorite bands ever. Beatles...Cheap Trick...then everyone else. :D

I'd love to do a cover of Big Star's "Jesus Christ"

I'll see how easy it is to record bells. :D

Not to mention see how well those timpani sounds on the Kurzweil hold up in a recording.

• Members

The open jam projects were a compilatin disk also, we each signed a contract (which I could help you make). Then the CD was put together and sent for duplication and sold at cost on Cdbaby.com the we each of us that contributed bough a copy at cost, and others also.

• Members

Sounds fair enough. Want to get started? :D

Just for a bit of fun, if anyone is interested...

A few years ago, I recorded a classical guitar bed for "The Twelve Days of Christmas"...for a parody. Instead of the line "A partridge in a pear tree"...the line was replaced with "Sound Forge to Master CDs". The idea was to get separate contributors to dub in their own pro audio-music related ideas for the other 11 days. I still have the bed...it's mp3 (the original .wav files may exist somewhere, but not on my current computer). If anyone thinks this would be fun...feel free to hash it out.

Here's a link to my bit...keep in mind it's meant as comedic in purpose. Yeah, the timing in a couple places sucks, but, if you think you could have fun with it, we could discuss it as a board project.

Just for grits and shins, you know...

http://tedster.net/Twelve.mp3

Archived