MIA Strats come with straplocks and a strap, right?

RoboCop00

• Members

Well, I wouldn't count on it (the Schaller straplocks)....

The Fender USA products always came with Schaller Locks installed until the past couple of years. I've seen some 2004 and 2005 Fender American Series without the straplocks.

Guess they are doing whatever to save a few extra dollars. Don't understand why, as they have increased their price close to $200.. :(

• Members

Originally posted by Seeds

My new MIA Strat did NOT come with straplocks, just a cheesy Fender strap, cleaning suppliues and a cheap a$$ cable. I would have traded all the other crap for the strap locks.

I got one a few weeks ago as well, and got the same stuff as the post above. Except no cleaning supplies. And the cable was defective. And certainly no straplocks, or strap lock ready buttons... :(

• Members

Originally posted by RoboCop00

I can't go over my budget 5 bucks, so I'm pretty much stuck with whatever is included.

I know it comes with a harcase. They include a straplock and strap, right?

No! :D

I have bought some models that did come with a vintage strap and a cord.

• Members

Originally posted by Seeds

You would think, but there are no guarantees when buying a guitar from a "actual" store concerning freebies .
;)

No way. If you talked to the tech and got their mouths all frothy for a sale and as they were bringing it to the register you said that you'd only buy it if they threw in straplocks, they'd do it.

• Members

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

No way. If you talked to the tech and got their mouths all frothy for a sale and as they were bringing it to the register you said that you'd only buy it if they threw in straplocks, they'd do it.

Can't argue with that logic.:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by metalcore

I thought they came with 'schaller straplock ready buttons'...mine didn't come with the straplocks themselves.

That's the way mine was back in 1994.... I've not been checking out Fenders recently, so didn't notice any change, but that new button looks great - if they got available here in the UK soon, I'd use those ahead of anything else. One of my Strats has vintage style knobs and i used rubber washers to hold it on - so far, it seems to me as steady as the strap locks on my Fender. The Strap locks do make me worry just a little that the springs might go one day.... but so far, I've had them over 10 years and no problem, so that might just be paranoia!

• Members

Originally posted by hondro

this is a fender american strat

looks like schallers to me

I have a new American Strat I bought this year. It doesn't have Schallers, it has the aforementioned special strap buttons that "eliminate the need for strap locks." But...you still need strap locks, and I like the Dunlop plastic ones. They flat work on every one of my guitars and I don't have to make any hardware modifications or apply them to any one strap.

~Blackbelt

• 2 weeks later...

Archived