parametric eq

Right now, the Speck ASC EQ's (tranny balanced output) are probably the kings of the "under a grand" parametric EQ's in the minds of many engineers. If you want to save a few bucks, you can get the transformerless output version and might just be able to swing a pair of them for stereo. :)

The truely budget-challenged, frugal and darnright cheap among us should keep their (our ;):D ) fingers crossed that Mark McQ of FMR Audio decides to release a RNEQ someday. No insider word on that to pass along, but hope springs eternal. :D

• Members

Actually I swap-loaned a pair of 4033A's for them. Technically I don't own them, and can get my 4033's back whenever I need.

Now I'm very inspired to get the GML stereo 5 band parametrics back from repair. I've been doing some mixing that involves acoustic piano today, and these 545's are making my Ivers and Pond sound like it never has before, I can't wait to have 4 channels of killer eq.

Originally posted by scapier

Does the Portico line have eq under a grand yet?

Spencer

Not that I'm aware of... just the preamp and tape emulator. But IMO, an EQ would be a good idea. Right now there is a shortage of options for outboard EQ's... especially ones that are not coupled with mic preamps and that are affordable and sound good.

Archived