rediscovering old favourites

Alchemist

• Members

I had a relatively relaxing day, got to jam with each of my guitars, tune them up... I had been neglecting my artstar for a while, but I got back to it today, jammed on it for about 3 hours, and I remembered why I love this thing so much. The tone and feel is like the perfect middle ground between a 335 and a Ric 360... Not as deep as the 335, not as jangly as the ric, but a perfect middle ground, with a fast neck thats comfortable to play.

Anyone else have a guitar that isnt their main but love going back to every once in a while?

(jamming with it left me inspired so I took some nice pics of it lol)

Picture065.jpg

• Members

believe it or not, but this little turd sounds {censored}in' great - every pup I've ever put in there sounds better than on any other guitar - must be the hand selected plywood that makes up the body

the neck is an old 70s MIJ Harmony neck, feels great - I've had it on several guitars I've put together, I always keep it

strat1.jpg

this thing stays in the case most of the time, but it's a treat for me when I do pull it out - I may not play anything else at home for several weeks then

• Members

I neglected my MIA 94 Std Strat for a long time in favour of my Epi LP Std, and a budget Strat copy with a gorgeous soft vee profile on the neck.... i started to hate how wide that modern C shape neck felt at the neck, but then a while back i picked it up again for whatever reason and I'm excited about it all over again.... so much so, I'm actually going to put a similar neck on my next project Strat rather than anything else (this first one will be fairly modern in style, the next will be more vintage. :) ). It's my main guitar again right now...... though no doubt in a few months I'll go back to some thing else for a bit... and so the cycle goes on.

Archived