Help! Can't afford change strings so frequently

expertune

• Members

Originally posted by DdBob

Bass players sometimes boil them. seems like a lot of trouble though. Then again bass strings are like 50$ a pack:eek:

You need to shop around.

I get D'Addario bass strings for $17/pack at a local store. They also have Hartke strings, which appear to be repackaged D'Addarios (color coded ball ends and all) for $14/pack.

• Members

I have a fail-safe solution to this problem. I've got a patent pending on it, but I'll share it here anyway because, that's just the kind of guy I am...

Tune up guitar and dry hands thoroughly before playing. Regardless of the season, turn the air conditioner up full. Keep a towel or tack cloth handy and dry hands between each song. Finally, play the guitar no more than once every 60 days. Following the instructions, exactly as stated, will guarantee results.

Man, where do I come up with this stuff??? Hmmm, well now I'm off to refine my idea for a diet program - "How to lose weight by eating less food."

:cool:

~Blackbelt

• Members

What strings are you using? I had this problem when I use to use cheap strings especially Erinie Balls for some reason.

I then discovered that by using strings made of pure nickel, all of my problems were solved. I now keep strings on my guitars for up to 6 months without problems.

I would recommend that you try strings made of different metals to find the metal that interacts with your body chemistry the best.

Nickel works the best for me. It cost a little more up front, but the strings last so much longer it is way cheaper in the end.

Archived