Newer songs that have cell phone samples imbedded piss me off!

• Members

Newer songs that have cell phone samples imbedded piss me off!

I'm so sick of having to listen to cell phone samples in newer songs.

"Let's embed this cellphone ring sample into this song out of time so that when the listener's stoned, he'll think his cell phone is ringing. Ha ha ha."

A song on The Black Crows "Lions" has a cell phone sample in it, and this new album by Anna Nalick "Wreck of the Day", song #9 has a silly sample in it, too.

I've heard others, but these two come to mind first.

• Members

Yeah, there's this Usher song (don't ask me the name, 'cause I can't think of it) that I swear uses the ringer I had my phone set to. It was almost like a subliminal, percussive effect. I checked my phone quite a bit when it first came out.

On a related note, on the very first song on Prince's first album ("For You", an acapella), it sounds like a telephone is ringing. Is it? I don't know, but whenever I heard that song, I thought I was going crazy. That is until I saw comedian Sinbad bring it up into his routine long ago. I laughed so hard! I'm like, thank you! I thought I was hearing things. Whatever it is, it's trippy.

Peace

• Members

Oh... heck... I'm so acculturated to the cacophony of cell phone rings and melodies... I was listening in the coffeehouse over headphones to some Neil Young from the 70s... he had some pretty subtle ring modulator type affect just barely on his guitar I'd never paid any attention to before... but it ended up sounding, in that context, like someone's cell phone very nearby... one of those up and down things...

Archived