Monitor Upgrade

I think that's a personal preference thing. :) I currently run three monitors off of my main DAW - two 17" CRT's (I'm going to eventually replace these with 17" or 19" LCD's) over at my computer desk, and a 17" LCD that duplicates "monitor 1" over at the mixing board. I use an active splitter for that. I have a 4th 17" monitor dedicated to my Softsynth machine.

I personally prefer having dual monitors, but if you have the room for one really large monitor, you may prefer that. With Pro Tools, dual monitors is nearly ideal IMO, because you can put the edit screen on one, and the mix screen on the other, and see both at a glance without having to shift between the two screens with keyboard commands.

• Members

Dual monitors are so nice, I lucked out and picked up some Dell 17" LCD's for around $200 each new when they were doing crazy deals. If you watch the dell.com site every once in a while those people will just DUMP stuff cheap.

I currently use Nuendo 2.0 with dual monitors and could not live without them. I keep my editor open on the left, and mixer on the right.

War

• Members

Originally posted by Warhead

Dual monitors are so nice, I lucked out and picked up some Dell 17" LCD's for around $200 each new when they were doing crazy deals. If you watch the dell.com site every once in a while those people will just DUMP stuff cheap.

War

Believe it or not, Staples will have some stupididly cheap deals on LCDs now and again too. Probably stuff they bring in that has a poor sales history.

Archived