Should I be proud of myself?

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

well then go buy one dip{censored}, plenty of ugly guitars to go around! {censored}, you want mine? haha, I'll put your address as the shipping address if you can paypal me the exact amount soon enough...

I guess I just had no clue how bad depreciation on a gibson was... studios are usually like 1200 new aren't they? guitars usually don't get a full 50% knocked off like that unless it's a carvin or something... maybe it's just because tons of people have studios

I've found that the only gibsons that appreciate like crazy are either really old or are Les Pauls (Standards +)/ES335's.

The Explorers and the like tend to depreciate like any other brand would.

//S

• Members

That picture is great :D

I think you will like the Studio (as long as it plays like a LP should). Hoepfully it is black. To second what someone else said, do not try "rubbing" the gold off. It will look awful. Replace it if necessary, but don't rub it.

• Members

Originally posted by Pope on a Rope

If they finished in the same materials that they finished my ebony SG Special in, it will be green even though it's supposed to be black. My SG would turn green under black lights. I eventually stripped it and refinished it in transparent red. I hated having a black guitar that was really green.

I think thats gonna be the case for me exactly... It looks black untill there's a black object next to it, in which case it looks green

• Members

I'm pretty sure MF still has ebony Epi Elites for 699 with the hardshell case... for me the choice between a beat up budget Gibson and a High-end, full featured, Made at Fujigen-Gaki (In Japan, known as one of the best factories in the world) Epiphone. I'd have to say the Epi would be the nicest guitar.

• Members

exactly... I think it'd make a good project guitar if nothing else... who cares what market value is when all is said and done, it's all about personal value right? right?!

nah bro, you're pretty much {censored}ed! Didn't you tell me you bought a strat the other day? Anyway, let me check out the axe when you get it.

Lyricult, bitches.

• Members

sorta how it goes on an impulse buy with only 8 minutes to go when you find it... and gold hardware isn't my thing... I find it to be gawdy and I'm kind of a conservative guy myself, therefore thats a negative on the piercings... I don't know what crawled up your ass kid, but you're welcome to your gold hardware if you want it, so get off my balls, thank you much!
:wave:

I was thinking the same thing, but I figured if they won't show up in the pictures how bad could it be? I don't know tho, it is a dark colored guitar, that could hide anything couldn't it? damn, you guys are killing it for me... I was stoked...

C'mon guys, look at this kids avatar. Doesn't it just scream conservative??? :rolleyes:

• Members

i bought a used gibson les paul studio that was 9.5/10 (nitpicking on the fact that i had to intonate it) with no dings or whatsoever damage for $290. that was about four years ago, i think.

kinda regret that i sold it. :(

• Members

USD650 is probably around half what it would cost you in the UK.....

As for the gold hardware, just play the damn thing - *any* gold hardware, the plating will rub off with use soon enough.

I like the studios - they tend to have a better range of finishes than the standards. Gibson is, IMO, waaaaaay over-reliant on bursts and figured wood. Some day I'm going to order a Standard in sonic blue from Tokai Japan. :)

Archived