Recommend me a sexy fast guitar

typedeaF

• Members

I just sold off two Jem's to buy me one more really nice guitar. Not that the Jems arent nice, I just owned 3 of them. Currently I own a Jackson SL2H, Ibanez Jem 777LNG, and a Ibanez Universe UV777BK. The SL2H plays incredible with less the 1mm of action at the 24th fret. The Jem plays very similar, no real complaints. I was considering buying the new Ibanez Jem BRMR because it has a better heel than my LNG and newer everything. What are other guitars in the same category. I know Shur and Caprsison(?) are popular, but I have seen neither with double locking trems, which is a requirement. Basically, I require 24 frets, doub lock trem, and at least hum/hum configuration. I prefer Maple or Ebony fretboard and jumbo frets. I also like strat style bodies but am open to others.

Cheers

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

Why not go for a custom jobbie?

I thought about getting a custom like my avatar. Wouldnt that be sweet! Humm. I just hate the wait, but I am in no rush. Any recommedations? Jackson custom shop? Ibanez? or something like LGM?

I just looked at Anderson and Suhr. I just dont like the way they look. Thats sad but if matters to me. I saw one with a nice bound black finish that was pretty.

• Members

Originally posted by Benz2112

just get another Ibanez, thats what you want.

I like the Jems, but I like my Jackson now best of all because of the lower action and ebony fretboard. I stumbled across it and bought it the very same day. Just wondering if there were other similar guitars that might be even better still. Maybe I will try to find a pre '04 Jem VWH. I dont like white, but the alder body and ebony neck...umm.

Archived