HELP!! The best small amp for home use.

kwcsports

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You'll find a lot of info and opinions if you do a little searching.

Here's the most recent thread on the subject:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1155823&highlight=small+amps

On the low end, I've been really impressed by the Kustom Solo/Arrow 16R/DFX models. If you want a tube amp (and sooner or later you will), the Reverend Goblin is pretty tough to beat for value, at about the same price as the Tweed model Blues Jr. Discontinued, but I think soulohio had one for sale last week.

EDIT: The Goblin's 5-15 watt power switching capability is great for getting bluesy overdrive at acceptable household volumes.

• Members

I would need clarification as to what kind of "distortion" tones you wanted before I commented.

But if you wanted classic overdrive tones, I'd say a Fender Blues Junior.

But if you wanted a variety of distortion tones, I'd aqree with either the Roland Cube or Vox ADVT series. I've bought one of each for my boys.

• Members

I use a Tech 21 Trademark 10. Awesome little amp. Sounds great at low volume. It excels in the Marshall type sound. Cleans are ok and very playable. If you are looking the the Measa Rectifier sound don't get one of these. The Mesa Rectifier sound is too bassy and lacks the midrange crunch sound.

Archived