Blue Guitars - Let's See Them

LPbluesboy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by LPbluesboy

ooo purdy

Its a hard one to catch in a photo. I guess I got lucky that day. I'm not a big fan of the double staining a loit of builders do since it tends to make the figure more pronounced, but it doesnt move. Yes, they are easier to photograph, but dont have the depth in person.

• Members
Originally posted by hardtdc

Sweet McInturff! I gotta go by his shop sometime. He's only about 30 minutes away.

Terry is a great guy. i love his single cut designs. His new DC models look good, but I've not tried them. I didnt get along with his original DC designs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by GuitarNoobie

harm3a1bg.jpg

harm3b5pn.jpg

harm3c5lg.jpg

harm3d6dw.jpg

That's awesome ... I had an idea of making a harm copy from scratch but make it a solid-body with the pickguard chrome and a chrome piece where the f-hole is. You're almost there ... awesome.

EDIT: Oops I didnt realize the Harm 3 came like that stock ... I've been looking at modding a Harm 1.

• Members

Here's a 60s "WuuthuHellizzit??!!"
SmFrankie.JPG
It appears to be hand-made by something other than a craftsman. I put the Bigsby on it in the 90s, and my kid painted it blue. Note the position of the bridge -- this is the only way to intonate the thing correctly.

.SMFrankieCLoseup.JPG

And here's a blue Parker Fly knockoff that I picked up for 120 clams:
SmMojoKnockoff.JPG
The plan is to de-bling it by removing every "gold" plated part

• Members
Originally posted by Scafeets

SmMojoKnockoff.JPG
The plan is to de-bling it by removing every "gold" plated part

You don't wanna do that. Gold and blue are complementary colours, that's harmony right there. Putting chrome in there would make the thing cold.

Archived