Beckman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by terry5357

newgeetar.jpg
[/img]

I'm tickled {censored}less with my Epi. but I had to pay for mine. and most important it has what I wanted, A Les Paul Gold TOp 56 ReIssue with P90 pickups.

If you didn't like the guitar, Why did you buy it. for what you spent on this guitar you could have bought a used something else, made somewhere else.........quit your bitching man, you got a damned nice axe that is buit to gibby specs,

My kids are the same way, they want, want , want and when they get what they want they start bitching cause its not exactly what they wanted.

I gaurnatee this guy wouldn't be happy if it was a real Gibson of the ReIssue age........LMFAO

Again, I went through a little remorse when I first got it. I did buy mine, with money I earned. I am not a kid, I am 35, nearing 36 with a family. I wanted an Epi Goltop, that is what I got. I am happy with it. If you read my post from the next moring, you would have seen that I was over it pretty quickly.

And again, the whole China thing wasn't because I don't like the Chinese, I work with several, I am in Molecular Biology, they are mostly chinese. My problem was more with the current manufacturing issues. My father-in-laws business is being threatened by the chinese right now.

Look at my sig, I have Japanese, Korean, Mexican and now Chinese made instruments. The mexican strat is the worst of the bunch, and the neck was cut in the US factory, accoriding to the factory tour.

And I know everyone is jealous of my dog pants. You all wish you had some.

• Members

Beckman and Daddy,

What do the serial numbers on your guitars start with?

I got one too, and mine has Made in Korea stamped on it.

After doing a little research, the Korean manufacturer that builds these for Epi in Korea also has a Chinese plant. Chances are they are building this model in both plants.

Or depending on the start of the serial number, it could be built at Epiphone/Gibson's own Chinese plant.

Not that it really matters, I guess, but I am just curious.

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I woulda went Epi for 2 reasons:

1) Correct body shape (its a real Les Paul)

2) Agile's seem to be filled with concrete!

Yeah, for me it was mostly the neck width. I do like that it is the correct body shape tough. It's light too. 9 lbs or so.

• Members

Originally posted by zuzuman

Beckman and Daddy,

What do the serial numbers on your guitars start with?

I got one too, and mine has Made in Korea stamped on it.

After doing a little research, the Korean manufacturer that builds these for Epi in Korea also has a Chinese plant. Chances are they are building this model in both plants.

Or depending on the start of the serial number, it could be built at Epiphone/Gibson's own Chinese plant.

Not that it really matters, I guess, but I am just curious.

EE******. I did recieve one, it was badly dinged. It was made in Korea, the replacement was made in China. I think I need to really get some playing time with it and review it. So far, I really do like the guitar itself.

• Members

Originally posted by Beckman

EE******. I did recieve one, it was badly dinged. It was made in Korea, the replacement was made in China. I think I need to really get some playing time with it and review it. So far, I really do like the guitar itself.

Thanks for checking.

Looks like that one is made at Epiphone's own Chinese Plant.

Mine starts with Ixxxx, so it's definitely made by the Korean supplier. It says Made in Korea, but I wonder if it really is made there or at their new Chinese plant.

Doesn't matter, I guess. I like mine pretty much. Everything looks good, but the nut is horribly cut. I will probably replace it if I decide to keep the guitar.

• Members

Originally posted by ExtraGum

I won't buy a new Sheraton or Dot because they are MIC.

Sheraton II + Case = $650.

Plus decent pups, wiring harness = $250.

$900 for a MIC guitar? Ummm, nope. Pay that if you want, but I'm not going to. I'll save another $200 and get a BRAND NEW MIA Rickenbacker, or a used Guild Starfire.

The USA guitars are MUCH better deals in that price range. Has nothing to do with Asians not making OK instruments. It has to do w/ supply and demand.

But most people here will pay $2000-$7000 for a big screen TV. Made in China. I'm not seeing where its made has anything to do with anything if the product is made of quality materials and is solid.

Fernandes offers top line gear -- all made in China or Korea. Would not hesitate ever buying another Fernandes product. My next guitar is going to be a $900+ Fender Tele 50s Classic MIJ.

BTW, my MIA cars are worse quality than any MIJ or MIK cars I've owned. I drive American cars only because I have good credit with Chrysler and my wife likes the Town and Country (the PT Cruiser I got rid of last year was the biggest piece of {censored} I've ever owned). My old Lexus and Toyotas were much better cars. After my next lease is up, back to asian cars!!

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

BTW, my MIA cars are worse quality than any MIJ or MIK cars I've owned. I drive American cars only because I have good credit with Chrysler and my wife likes the Town and Country (the PT Cruiser I got rid of last year was the biggest piece of {censored} I've ever owned). My old Lexus and Toyotas were much better cars. After my next lease is up, back to asian cars!!

wurd brother

• Members

Nike trainers arewere made in Vietnam.

Doesnt stop millions of americans paying premium $$$ to buy shoes made by the descendants of a 3rd world country who kicked ol red white and blues military backside not so long ago :D

Of course, the machines used to make guitars in america are most likely chinese in origindesignmanufacture.. so i wouldnt advise you buy a Made in The USA guitar without visiting the factory to verify the countries all the materialspartsmachines come from!

Archived