Simply Looking to Record Band Rehearsals

• Members

Hello,

I have a budget of about $100-$150 -- looking for a microphone or two to record band rehearsals. Thinking of a Large Diaphram Condenser, or something that I can just set in the middle of the room... but I so MSL has a 2 mic package.. 990/991... and that Crown has something called "Sound Grabbers" that look suited for this purpose.

The microphone(s) would be plugged into a simple 6 channel mixer and then fed directly into my PC.

Not looking to win any grammys, just want to record band practice and be able to hear a fairly even mix for analysis in between rehearsals.

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Members

Well any LD condensor in the 75-125 range will work... especially if you use a seperate mic for the vocals... thats assuming you have a 57 or 58 that you already use for that purpose..

it won;t sound great at all... will probably even get some pops/clicks and wierd noises goin on.. but if you just want to use it to critique band mates and listen to things it'll work out....

that being said, feeding the mixer into a tape deck of some sort will probably sound about the same.

Archived