Current rig pics

Alchemist

• Members
Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

A shot of the same rig at practice:

009_7A.JPG

BK

Nice library!:cool:

I think it's awesome that you practice at your law office! I happen to be studying law myself, and believe it or not, your ability to practice law "your way" has been an inspiration to me.

Cheers!

-EG

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have an actual shot of my whole rig cuz I don't own a digi cam :(

But Ill post some random pics of my gear to make up for it :D

Here you can see my main guitar, a 1989 Hamer USA Californian Standard. You can also see my Bad Monkey and Peterson Autostrobe back there.

100_1339.jpg

This one has been my main backup lately, I just can't say enough about the build quality of this Chinese made guitar (my only chinese). BC Rich SE Dagger.

100_1335.jpg

And here Ill cop Carvin's pic for my amp: Carvin Legacy half-stack.

VL4121.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by ExtraGum

Nice library!
:cool:

I think it's awesome that you practice at your law office! I happen to be studying law myself, and believe it or not, your ability to practice law "your way" has been an inspiration to me.

Cheers!

-EG

Cool. I don't make near what a lot of other lawyers make, but I like what I do, and I work with: my singer and drummer from my side band, the keyboard player from a local cover band, and the husband of one of the co-owners of a local club, who also writes about music for the local "alternative newmonthly."

It's a neat place to work.

Good luck with law school, etc.

BK

• Members

Originally posted by Frets99

There seem to be a couple of permutations of this product. Some costing as much as I paid for my amp:freak: LOL

But I did see a footpedal variation for about $100. Is that what you're talking about?

I had an older version of the maximizer (422, 2 channel version) that I bought used for $60. I'm sure all you'd need is the basic 362 or the sonic stomp box. I know my friend haggled with guitar center and got the 362 for around $70 brand new!

As far as what it actually does, it's hard for me to describe. I think it has to equalizing how the frequencies reach the speakers so they sound better.

In terms of tone on my Behringer, it warmed up my cleans and gave them an extra push in better-ness :). The gain is really where the difference was enormous. It eliminated the tedency for the tone to be muffled or flat and improved the definition/crunch of the gain. I know it sounds like a miracle cure for the amp but I couldn't believe how much different it sounded without it when trying to sell it. I typically used the mesa amp model and marshall cab together.

The rack is half depth so it sat fine on top of the combo.

BBE422.jpg

• Members

took some near gear pictures this afternoon...

newly purchased schecter c1-fr (still has standard duncan design hb103 set)

schectbod.jpg

schecthead.jpg

schect1.jpg

esp horizon frII (emg 81/89, full c tuning... soon to be full d ;)

espbod.jpg

esp1.jpg

esphead.jpg

my edwards sykes is currently having a fret dress/total setup performed... will revert with updated pictures when it is returned.

• Members

Originally posted by Kindred_Spirits

Nice rig man. How do you like the Fallen Angel?

Thanks! I've had the Fallen Angel for a year now. It's a bit bass heavy and the gain is pretty dry, but I find it really comes to life when I boost it with my Tubescreamer.

I actually blew the power transformer recently but but the folks at Ashdown were a pleasure to deal with. The original transformer was defected so they sent me a new one.

I've heard that lots of fellow ashdown users have had problems with fuses blowing constantly, but I haven't run into that.

Overall I have to say it's a nice amp for the money. It doesn't really compare to anything else I've ever played...

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

Just a basic rig.

Behringer GMX212

This amp really does it all. very analog sounding. Emulates Mesa, Fender and Marshall amps. Really cranks and has my kinda distortion.

+1 for that Behringer!! I have the digital version; the Vampire. Was a 1x12 combo but bought it slightly damaged so I converted into the head. Played on the GMX212 couple nights ago, and fell in love with it! So now I'm saving up for it. Love it more for the price. Here's a pic of my rig:
PICT1336.jpg

I have a lot of projects going, so not all the guitars are up and running. The smaller red and black amp on the left is a Marshall G30R-CD combo I chopped up and customized.

• Members

Yes, dual EQs. The first is a mid boost, the second is a clear volume boost for solos. I find an EQ is best for this, as it gives a perfectly clear boost and you get more volume from an OD or something.

The guitar is a customised Epiphone Sheraton. Got the following things...
1. Black speed knobs to replace amber bell knobs
2. Translucent red pickguard painted black on the backside, making it appear black with a vague red tint.
3. Seymour Duncan Phat Cats
4. Deluxe jazz tailpiece from GuitarFetish.com

Archived