?what do you guys think of Trivium?

mr.fat_chops

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

So why is not everybody ragging on Pantera -- they recorded their first several indie and major release CDs, including CFH and Vulgar in Dime and Vinnie's daddy's studio!

...because Pantera sucked!

• Members

Originally posted by dougbeens

my Dimebag smiley avatar is gonna come and haunt you:mad: .

I hope you are not serious, you might not like them but they were pretty strong musicians.

• Members

Originally posted by dougbeens

I too hope you aren't serious, even if you don't particularly like their music (I don't, for one), they were all incredibly talented and wrote a great many of the riffs that define metal.

• Members
Originally posted by dysfunction

I too hope you aren't serious, even if you don't particularly like their music (I don't, for one), they were all incredibly talented and wrote a great many of the riffs that define metal.

+100 :thu:

• Members

Constant screaming gets old, IMO. I think if you can balance it well, then it's really good. A lot of screamo bands don't even have good screamers though, it's just like gargling with glass crap, no talent. Also, a lot of the music and riffs in new hardcore bands sounds the same, it's repetative and boring. There are some stand-outs though.

• Members

Originally posted by Toshiro

The "not paying their dues" comes from the singer's daddy paying for a whole pro-quality independant release(titled Ember to Inferno), recorded at Morrissound Tampa, which was then distributed by an indy label. It's what got them signed. Hell, the lead guy was in the band for like a month before they went major label.

If you did SOME homework, you'd come to understand that Matt Heafy joined Trivium when he was like 13. He's 20 now. So how long is that? About a month, right?

So now they're not paying their dues because they now ride in a van (YES a VAN, not a BUS) for 2 years touring non-stop worldwide? If I had practiced my ass off to get chops like that and my mom or dad offered to pay for a demo I wouldn't mind at all!

Also, if you guys DID some more homework, you'd realize Matt doesn't feel that great about the screaming either as a matter of fact, he's strongly against it for the new album, he's going to try his best to make it more metal and less metalcore. As quoted by him, "Screaming can only get you so far.."

So all you bashers about his screaming, there's hope yet!

• Members

Originally posted by nickname009

If you did SOME homework, you'd come to understand that Matt Heafy joined Trivium when he was like 13. He's 20 now. So how long is that? About a month, right?

I was refering to the other guy moron.

Since I live within 50 miles of where the band is from, and knew people that did local shows with them, I know damn well they were looking for a lead player just a few months before the Roadrunner deal.

But you know so much more, eh fanboy?

You know, I wouldn't bother to give flying {censored} about this band if they weren't hyped up far beyond their music.

• Members

for me... i've got mixed feelings about the band. love the guitars, hate the screaming...

BUT... whether/not their parents are rich is not gonna influence my decision to/not buy a record.

that's like refusing to listen/buy music that was recorded in professional studio with professional equipment funded by people that have formal educations in music. business, science etc....

• Members

It seems some people here can't discuss something objectively without resorting to personal attacks on people and opinion. :rolleyes:

I like Trivium. They are not the band I listen to at every moment's notice, but they are something that can come up on my playlist and have me saying, "Yeah, I like that." I also happen to enjoy the vocals, clean or screamed, though I also like genres with death grunts and screaming as the main form of vocalization. Just like Power Metal begs for soaring vocals, certain metal and hardcore begs for death grunts or screaming.

Sometimes people just beg for someone to kill them rather than listen to them.

But that's my take on the band. Yours may be completely different. :thu:

• Members

They sound really tight and you have to give them credit for being that good at that age. Personally I can't stand any kind of metal or anything that has screaming in it that means you can't actually hear what the guy's saying, just noise, but fair do's to them for making it. I'm a Brit-pop rock n roll man myself, but won't take anything away from talent when I see it.

• Members

So now they're not paying their dues because they now ride in a van (YES a VAN, not a BUS) for 2 years touring non-stop worldwide? If I had practiced my ass off to get chops like that and my mom or dad offered to pay for a demo I wouldn't mind at all!

At which point his family bought the band new guitars and backline iirc, also they ain't touring in no van, I saw em twice last year both times they were cruising round in a bigass tour bus.

Paid they're dues? maybe, Good Music? Occaisionally, The next metallica? definatly not.

They've got maybe 2 albums left in them before they start down the slippery slope to where korn are now.

• Members

Also, if you guys DID some more homework, you'd realize Matt doesn't feel that great about the screaming either as a matter of fact, he's strongly against it for the new album, he's going to try his best to make it more metal and less metalcore. As quoted by him, "Screaming can only get you so far.."

So all you bashers about his screaming, there's hope yet!

tell that {censored} to the tourists fanboy

like they were a working band when they were 13...

more and more bands arent screaming because of 2 reasons

1) the dudes just aint got the chops for it anymore (it is a true skill to do it and not loose your voice)

2) that stuff doesent make it to the radio

enter Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, 18 Visions and more

• Members

Take 1 standard Metallica/Megadeth thrash tune.

Add a couple of Iron Maiden harmonised guitar breaks.

Now you've just got to work out whether to scream the verses and sing the chorus, or maybe sing the verses and scream the chorus..... tough call.

Personally, I think his clean vocals are too 'clean' for thrash, and his screaming is just crap. He should have gone the whole hog and just ripped off Hetfield vocals circa 1988. Musically it is a step-up from Nu-Metal though.

I just wish Matt heafy would buy some shirts that fit!

• Members

I could listen to some Trivium all day...
I used to hate the screaming, but it's definately grown on me. I prefer it to most of the 80's metal bands that had bad singers, yet were really popular. Maybe not bad singers, just ...well...I didn't like their voice..

I thought he was 16 or 17 when he joined?

Anyways..

I dig 'em.
It's sad my 3 favorite bands right now are Lamb of God, Trivium, and then Killswitch Engange. I digs the metalcore.

• Members

k, guys who are bashing trivium, how good was the music you wrote when you were NINETEEN. they're out there doing it and no-one has to like them, they just play the music they enjoy and play it hard.

claiming they want to be the next metallica was dumb mind, and the number of column inches in say metal hammer is amazing for what the music is.

Archived