?what do you guys think of Trivium?

mr.fat_chops

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by antiwhammy

totally. send them all to compton for a few years.

Zaggin 4 Efil

Originally posted by rededison127

mediocre metal....but they do have nice haircuts

definitely, I think Atreyu and Avenged 7Fold have better ones though, better makeup too

• Members

Like lots of bands in that metalcore genre, I can't stand them for one reason -- the screamo vocals. I mean come on kiddies, that trend really has gotten old and that whole thing does suck. On like one or two bands, I can handle it, but not every freakin metal band that is out!

Thats why you are starting to see bands like The Sword get some notice. Old school Sabbath approach with clean vox. Even though The Sword is more hype than quality, the singer is only OK for them IMO! Love the music though.

Trivium -- I thought if they put a killer vocalist in there or stopped screaming for 90% of the song, kept the Iron Maiden thing going, they would be a kick ass band!

And what is this paying your dues {censored} everybosy seems to be throwing around lately. {censored} that. I am not a Trivium fan, but they have been touring internationally for the past 2 years. Is that not paying dues for a new band???

And this entire Circle of True Doom (COTD) says the same thing about bands like The Sword who must be dismissed because they got on a decent label and are actually making money are being a band. What a joke of a concept. More like jealousy to me.

• Members

Well I saw them live with in Flames, they did a Dimebag tribute that was great, They are young but they realy can play, the singer plays some pretty {censored}ed up rythm parts while singing. I agree that there is too much screaming. As for paying their due, they can play, they have fans, they give good shows. Nobody can force people to buy a CD. At least they are musicians, not a freakin boys band.

BTW In Flames were better, but they have a couple more years of experience behind them.

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

Like lots of bands in that metalcore genre, I can't stand them for one reason -- the screamo vocals. I mean come on kiddies, that trend really has gotten old and that whole thing does suck. On like one or two bands, I can handle it, but not every freakin metal band that is out!

Thats why you are starting to see bands like The Sword get some notice. Old school Sabbath approach with clean vox. Even though The Sword is more hype than quality, the singer is only OK for them IMO! Love the music though.

Trivium -- I thought if they put a killer vocalist in there or stopped screaming for 90% of the song, kept the Iron Maiden thing going, they would be a kick ass band!

And what is this paying your dues {censored} everybosy seems to be throwing around lately. {censored} that. I am not a Trivium fan, but they have been touring internationally for the past 2 years. Is that not paying dues for a new band???

And this entire Circle of True Doom (COTD) says the same thing about bands like The Sword who must be dismissed because they got on a decent label and are actually making money are being a band. What a joke of a concept. More like jealousy to me.

The "not paying their dues" comes from the singer's daddy paying for a whole pro-quality independant release(titled Ember to Inferno), recorded at Morrissound Tampa, which was then distributed by an indy label. It's what got them signed. Hell, the lead guy was in the band for like a month before they went major label.

• Members

Originally posted by Toshiro

The "not paying their dues" comes from the singer's daddy paying for a whole pro-quality independant release(titled Ember to Inferno), recorded at Morrissound Tampa, which was then distributed by an indy label. It's what got them signed. Hell, the lead guy was in the band for like a month before they went major label.

still you can't force people to buy your music, if they sucked, they would have disapeared.

• Members

who gives a {censored} how they got noticed? there's nothign cool about bands playing in celars for years before getting picked up unless you're one of these 'i was into them before they were famous and are therefore much cooler than you' asswipes.

ok they're not anything that groundbreaking, but to be fair they are making music where the guitars actually get played not just posed behind noticed, paving the way for much better heavier bands to get a half-decent fanbase. who gives a {censored} how they did it? if your collective daddies offered to pay for a {censored}ing studio and ep release on an indie label, would you say 'no thanks dad, i wanna play the {censored}ing trucker bar down the road until, like, 2008 in the hope someone might see us and tell a major label' would you {censored} as like.

as for the live shows, well i saw them at donnington last year, and at the astoria. donnington was {censored}ing wicked, the astoria they were tight as {censored} BUT and this is my only criticism, they played their set one after the other, note perfect to the album, said the obligatory 'thanks you're all wonderful love mum dad and jesus' {censored} and {censored}ed off. but it does reflect that they've been touring for that long, i don't really blame em.

if you guys are really all about the music stop worrying about what their hair looks like and how 'scene' they are, and the dues they've paid, and proliferating this kerrang-ass bull{censored}.

• Members

Originally posted by peteloaf

who gives a {censored} how they got noticed? there's nothign cool about bands playing in celars for years before getting picked up unless you're one of these 'i was into them before they were famous and are therefore much cooler than you' asswipes.

ok they're not anything that groundbreaking, but to be fair they are making music where the guitars actually get played not just posed behind noticed, paving the way for much better heavier bands to get a half-decent fanbase. who gives a {censored} how they did it? if your collective daddies offered to pay for a {censored}ing studio and ep release on an indie label, would you say 'no thanks dad, i wanna play the {censored}ing trucker bar down the road until, like, 2008 in the hope someone might see us and tell a major label' would you {censored} as like.

as for the live shows, well i saw them at donnington last year, and at the astoria. donnington was {censored}ing wicked, the astoria they were tight as {censored} BUT and this is my only criticism, they played their set one after the other, note perfect to the album, said the obligatory 'thanks you're all wonderful love mum dad and jesus' {censored} and {censored}ed off. but it does reflect that they've been touring for that long, i don't really blame em.

if you guys are really all about the music stop worrying about what their hair looks like and how 'scene' they are, and the dues they've paid, and proliferating this kerrang-ass bull{censored}.

+1

• Members

Originally posted by Toshiro

He asked, I answered, I have that damn indy CD btw, and it {censored}ing blows ass. Want it? I'd like my $16 back.

you're just jealous cause you don't have an hair stylist;)

just kidding, to each his own, did you listen to Ascendency, maybe you'd like it better.

• Members

Originally posted by peteloaf

{censored} Yeah!! :thu:

I don't really like em' though.

Archived