I was gonna do some mods to my Epi LP but ...

Devinstation

• Members

I got gassed. I oringally planned to turn my LP standard into a Black Beauty-esque guitar, had all my parts in line and ready (From Guitar Fetish), and was close to ordering. But I couldn't do it. Now I'm just sticking with a pair of Dream 180s, a whole new electronics wiring kit for it, and a new roller bridge, all in chrome. Why did I change my mind? Well This has been flying around here on HC for a good bit and I like it so now I got pick one up, along with a buzz stop. Sad thing about all it? With a whole new guitar and a buzz stop its only a bit more than $100 more. You guys agree with my decision or should I just go all out gold and paint my pickguard black and go Black Beauty?

• Members

Black Beauty... yum! My Agile is a damn good Bueaty copy, besides the horn, the headstock, and the trapezoid inlays rather than blocks. It even has the lack-white-black pickguard! As far as the SJMs, I'm sure they're nice guitars, but I can't stand the look... powder blue *shudders* The only one I can stand is the sunburst...

• Members

Originally posted by Devinstation

Actually I think Im gonna get a blue one, then but checkers on it ... Im a ska kid lemme alone.

you can use checkerboard con-tact paper on the PG - I used some brushed steel contact paper on my GPC - worked pretty well

cut it carefully, and lay it on even more carefully so it doesn't twist or bubble like mine did cuz I went to fast - then you could spray clearcoat on it and it's good for good - I didn't spray mine, and it's holding up pretty well, about a year now, but that guitar doesn't see a ton of action anymore

pick it up pick it up

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

you can use checkerboard con-tact paper on the PG - I used some brushed steel contact paper on my GPC - worked pretty well

cut it carefully, and lay it on even more carefully so it doesn't twist or bubble like mine did cuz I went to fast - then you could spray clearcoat on it and it's good for good - I didn't spray mine, and it's holding up pretty well, about a year now, but that guitar doesn't see a ton of action anymore

pick it up pick it up

What about the actual body? Would the same stuff work if I clear coated it, just a light coat but enough to seal it?

• Members

What about the actual body? Would the same stuff work if I clear coated it, just a light coat but enough to seal it?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't - just make sure you don't have any wrinkles or air bubbles - I would reassemble it to check after you cover it, then take it apart again to spray

I've been thinking of doing a similar type project, maybe with old pinup art or something

• Members

Actually I think Im gonna get a blue one, then but checkers on it ... Im a ska kid lemme alone.

Not trying to put you down but I just wonder why you would want put checkers on it and make it look like every other ska kids guitar? Why not do something original?

• Members

Originally posted by PurpleStrat

Not trying to put you down but I just wonder why you would want put checkers on it and make it look like every other ska kids guitar? Why not do something original?

Actually where I live there arent to many ska bands, and most ska bands big and small use LPs and just have checkered straps and such, Ive only seen one ska band with a checkered guitar and the guitarist doesnt use it, he got it as a gift. And also cause Checkers ARE Ska, nothing else will suffice duh!

Archived