After 15 years I just bought my 1st strat

voneville

• Members

I've owned a lot of guitars over the years but I never owned a fender based strat (I did have a pointy super strat with a floyd for a minute, but I don't count that). I had some money in my paypal account so I decided to take the plunge. I am now the proud owner of a squier strat well, as soon as it gets here. I guess it's time to start pickup shopping.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarlady

Don't you have a bunch of super-strats though?

I've gone through a few yes. My finest looking was a custom lado out of birdseye maple. The only one I have left is my RG570 (its also the best player I've owned). I also owned a tele so I have not been totaly fenderless, but no strat lol. Gonna get a carvin CS supertele built for me though:D mmm supertele....:love: (just to clear up what I mean by supertele lol, 24 fret birdseye neck, HSS, wilkinson bridge, sapphire blue quilt top)

• Members
Originally posted by Alchemist

I've gone through a few yes. My finest looking was a custom lado out of birdseye maple. The only one I have left is my RG570 (its also the best player I've owned). I also owned a tele so I have not been totaly fenderless, but no strat lol. Gonna get a carvin CS supertele built for me though:D mmm supertele....
:love:
(just to clear up what I mean by supertele lol, 24 fret birdseye neck, HSS, wilkinson bridge, sapphire blue quilt top)

That's going to cause a few erections around here... haha. Can't wait to see pics of it.

• Members

my first 6 guitars were all Super- strats (i started out loving Kramers and Roadstar iis.... never owned an actual strat, but i bought one for my little brother. i played for a month before i saw him again.
my Favorite parts guitar, though is an old kramer (evh thing) strat body with a 70's strat neck...
oh, i've been playing seven years.

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

That's going to cause a few erections around here... haha. Can't wait to see pics of it.

I'm still shopping around the prospect of other builders, or finding a used Suhr or Anderson. I'll be ordering in May though, I am in no rush. However, so far Carvin seems to be offering everything I want for the least amount of money.

• Members

I'm still shopping around the prospect of other builders, or finding a used Suhr or Anderson. I'll be ordering in May though, I am in no rush. However, so far Carvin seems to be offering everything I want for the least amount of money.

I could pick it up for you, they're local to san diego :)

• Members

I never liked strats, I played SG's, Steve morse EBMM, G&L Tele, Ibanez Artists ... That is until I played a beck strat about 4 years ago. Now I can't go back. I also have an AmDeluxe HSS, but becky get's played 10 times more often. Congrats on your purchase voneville, hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

• Members

I don't see how you guys can even breathe without a strat.

My first good electric guitar was a nice LP CSE Studio. I changed amps a couple times trying to get the sound I was looking for. Finally found in the early 90's that the sound I was seeking comes from a strat.

But I think it has a lot to do with your musical reference. Having grown up on rock music from the mid-late 60's, plus into the 70's, it's hard to go without that strat sound imprinted on you.

I recommend the Texas Special Pickups. They have a vintage sound without some of the thinness that can come with a true vintage strat pickup.

I think this video http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=RDD080142 is a "must have" for any one who loves strats and is more of a MUST WATCH for those who aren't into strats.

The different tones EJ gets from his rig are at a minimum surprising and inspiring.

• Members

I've gone through a few yes. My finest looking was a custom lado out of birdseye maple. The only one I have left is my RG570 (its also the best player I've owned). I also owned a tele so I have not been totaly fenderless, but no strat lol. Gonna get a carvin CS supertele built for me though:D mmm supertele....
:love:
(just to clear up what I mean by supertele lol, 24 fret birdseye neck, HSS, wilkinson bridge, sapphire blue quilt top)

Alch, you gotta go Floyd Rose man! Or hardtail! Save yourself the headache! (so I'm biased)

Archived