Ebay Tokai Pricing?

GibsonQC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PBX,

Any guy that uses Phil Hartman's mug on his posts is ok with me... RIP Phil. (just saw an old SNL rerun last night with Phil doing one mean Frank Sinatra immitation).

Anyway BUCKWILD is selling a top notch guitar and the price may seem a little high to some but it's a sweet axe. It might not sell on the first pass but some Tokai Registry guy might be able to pull the funds together (I had to hustle to get his LS200 and man am I glad I did).

So now you guys have seen when spoken to kindly I can be a real gentleman... And PBX irregardless ISN'T a word ?? Kidding me.... I never claimed to be a Stanford Grad...

Well like my mentioning the Cuban Cigar BB beatings most newbies get as an initiation I can take what you guys dish out. BUT I'd PREFER to be cordial... You got that in you BatOtMan ??

• Members

I have a buddy from the Ibanez Collector World forum that has not one but TWO BLONDE, yes BLONDE AS200s... Rare as hell but oh sooo sweet... Now that guy can flat out play... I set up my Deluxe on the deck with a couple of handwird pedals I have and while he played I made pizza...

Batotman, I think we'll do better together next time. YES ?? (ps you see that old pic I posted of my '59 Anniversary ??).

BigMike

• Members

JJZ,

What model MIK Tokai do you have... I hear the MIK Goldtops are smoking... No disrespect to anyone with an MIK, it's just they're not QUITE as nicely made... As I said No Disrespect intended... So don't take any.

I was really interested in a one off MIK Tokai PRS Hollowbody copy a shop in Leeds had, but ended up going for this instead. A Tokai Talbo... a hollowbody aluminum guitar - has a glassy Fender sound... nice. The guit next to it isn't a Gibson... Just a nice (probably MIJ) oddity, all Gibson parts... Sweet player.

P2040027.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by bigmikeinca

Batwoman,

Why don't you take a break from posting that S you spew until the Midol kicks in...

BigMike

Pathetic... 10 posts in, and not one has been useful. Some of the guys here on HC are total assholes, but Batotman isn't one of them. Try not being one yourself. He's probably owned more guitars than you've even seen on the Internet.

• Members

I have a buddy from the Ibanez Collector World forum that has not one but TWO BLONDE, yes BLONDE AS200s... Rare as hell but oh sooo sweet... Now that guy can flat out play... I set up my Deluxe on the deck with a couple of handwird pedals I have and while he played I made pizza...

Batotman, I think we'll do better together next time. YES ?? (ps you see that old pic I posted of my '59 Anniversary ??).

BigMike

Soon as you admit that you don't have to spend a ton of money to get a GREAT guitar.....we'll be just fine.....:thu:

• Members

Why don't you guys just get off each others backs and try to focus on what we were originally talking about here. BIGMIKE is a good guy and did what many of us would do under heavy fire....Retaliate. Oh and just a pet peeve of mine but correcting spelling on these boards is kinda pointless as we all spew out nonsensical bull{censored} form time to time. When your in the rage of a post one wrong key is bound to be pushed. So how about it who really wants to buy my LS-320 :)

By the way I once owned a MIK Tokai and I will say that it was quite nice.

• Members
Originally posted by GilmourD

Pathetic... 10 posts in, and not one has been useful. Some of the guys here on HC are total assholes, but Batotman isn't one of them. Try not being one yourself. He's probably owned more guitars than you've even seen on the Internet.

I'm a good guy until politics and religion and then all bets are off.....:D

:thu:

• Members

Hey GilmourD How you doing ??

You came into this late. I'm sure you know Batotman better than I - but if you guys really expect any intelligent dialog on this forum you shouldn't be climing on a new poster so hard first time he's appeared... Be real man. If you talk {censored} with me you'll get your fair share back - I won't take it. What would you do if someone talked to you like that, you wouldn't lay there. Who would ?? Not me.

No need to dish it out though if you catch my drift. I've seen lots worse and managed to earn the respect of those you initially didn't know me and though disrespecting me was funny. What I make you laugh ?? (Joe Pesci)

So what's your favorite axe and why ?? What kinds of music do you play.

• Members

And my Ibanez I got for $750 has, dare I say it, better tone than my LP for everything except what it can't handle gain-wise because of feedback.... you can buy great guitars for cheap, Batotman should know, he's had every guitar in existence.

• Members

Batotman,

Politics and religion: whoa man I never discuss that stuff - everyone has a right to their opinion on all things, you agree ?? But man you talk those (and sex) and you got people really saying mean things about your Momma in no time... Naaaah, guitar discussions get illogical enough for me... I'm a lot more mellow guy that you perceive from our initial encounter. Believe Me, the Big in BigMike actually stands for Big Heart, Big Friend... not what a lot of people assume... Yeah I am a BIG guy... Ask BUCKWILD, he's met me in person... But it's more like Big Teddybear...

And as BUCKWILD said if you climb on someone new you get back what you give...

So, Batotman, where are you located ?? I don't mean that as some bs, I'm curious ?? I been a few places while in the Army...

Later

Big

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

I'm a good guy until politics and religion and then all bets are off.....
:D

:thu:

Got your back on that one. :wave: Typically steer clear of those discussions because most people tend not to like my opinions. :)

Now guitars are a different story... Cuz I'd love to gets me a nice Tokai, either MIJ or MIK. :love:

• Members

Batotman,

Politics and religion: whoa man I never discuss that stuff - everyone has a right to their opinion on all things, you agree ?? But man you talk those (and sex) and you got people really saying mean things about your Momma in no time... Naaaah, guitar discussions get illogical enough for me... I'm a lot more mellow guy that you perceive from our initial encounter. Believe Me, the Big in BigMike actually stands for Big Heart, Big Friend... not what a lot of people assume... Yeah I am a BIG guy... Ask BUCKWILD, he's met me in person... But it's more like Big Teddybear...

And as BUCKWILD said if you climb on someone new you get back what you give...

So, Batotman, where are you located ?? I don't mean that as some bs, I'm curious ?? I been a few places while in the Army...

Later

Big

KANSAS :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by GilmourD

Got your back on that one.
:wave:
Typically steer clear of those discussions because most people tend not to like my opinions.
:)

Now guitars are a different story... Cuz I'd love to gets me a nice Tokai, either MIJ or MIK.
:love:

Yeah I don't condone butt ramming a dude and I get called a "homophobe" and a "bigot". :rolleyes:

I hate the amp forum....I knew I shoulda stayed out but I get sucked in there every time! :D

• Members

Hey GilmourD How you doing ??

You came into this late. I'm sure you know Batotman better than I - but if you guys really expect any intelligent dialog on this forum you shouldn't be climing on a new poster so hard first time he's appeared... Be real man. If you talk {censored} with me you'll get your fair share back - I won't take it. What would you do if someone talked to you like that, you wouldn't lay there. Who would ?? Not me.

No need to dish it out though if you catch my drift. I've seen lots worse and managed to earn the respect of those you initially didn't know me and though disrespecting me was funny. What I make you laugh ?? (Joe Pesci)

So what's your favorite axe and why ?? What kinds of music do you play.

Well... Gotta ease off on the insults if you wanna make a good impression. I always give people a chance, but... Sometimes you've gotta prove yourself.

My favorite axe... LOL Tough one, since I own a few, and I play in several different styles. Depends on my mood. Sometimes it's twangy, easy-going rock on a Telecaster, other times it's raunchy blues on my modified MIM Standard Strat. Then sometimes I feel like Eddie Van Halen, so I pull out my Wolfgang or Frankenstein. Then I can get in my heavy metal moods with my Les Paul or Explorer. :) Then sometimes I like to freak people out by playing really heavy {censored} on my sonic blue Telecaster with a Van Zandt Vintage+ ('60s Tele pickup) in the bridge, and it just sounds good, and nobody expects the "country guitar" to sound so heavy. :)

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

Yeah I don't condone butt ramming a dude and I get called a "homophobe" and a "bigot".
:rolleyes:

I hate the amp forum....I knew I shoulda stayed out but I get sucked in there every time!
:D

As long as it's not my butt and you do it nowhere near me, I could care less what you do. I don't want heterosexual couples being gross in front of me, and the same goes for homosexual couples. LOL Everybody's got the right to do what they want in their own life. Just keep it out of mine. :evil:

I've never even bothered going in there. I've got too many forums to keep track of, including my own. LOL

• Members

Jeez, I'm having a Senior Moment... I just posted a pic of this amp I got and I guess I didn't hit the POST button... Ahhh Cr_p

Anyway I'll just stick to this part of Harmony Central - I had my dose of abuse for the month in this thread alone... LOL... No biggie, it's just part of the Alpha Male thing guitar players tend to have... I was in the 2nd Armored Division, I can handle it. Their motto HELL ON WHEELS.... LOL

This ain't the best sounding amp I have, that'd be my Blackface Deluxe Reverb... but this "little" blond is sweet... Notice the sick PRS 20 Top quilted maple... It's a Mesa Boogie Maverick. I went into a guitar store to get picks just as this was going in the Consignment Room... you know I took it home that night. LOL

ONE PIECE of quilted maple - the whole amp looks like this, dovetail joints and it is sweet sounding too. Heavy as hell, has never left the house since I got it. Won't either... LOL

P6060002.jpg

Archived