That's too bad (new guitar with pics)

ArKay

• Members

I was really looking forward to this, scored it during the weekend. Arrived today.

RS1.jpg

It's handmade and there is something wrong with the switch (bottom one). As you can see, it's totally misaligned... Now I have to send back the pickguard and let them send me a (hopefully) better one.

RS2.jpg

It'll get a red paint and I will make my own pickguard anyway to make it look more like the original Red Special.

It's just the sheer nerve of sending the guitar out like this which kind of upsets me. :mad:

• Members

I'm wondering if maybe it's supposed to be that way??

Maybe they intentionally installed it at that angle to make it fit in a cramped control cavity.

Looks nice! The Brian May look isn't necessarily "my thing" but I really like that "natural" look it's going for it.

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by ArKay

I was really looking forward to this, scored it during the weekend. Arrived today.

RS1.jpg

It's handmade and there is something wrong with the switch (bottom one). As you can see, it's totally misaligned... Now I have to send back the pickguard and let them send me a (hopefully) better one.

RS2.jpg

It'll get a red paint and I will make my own pickguard anyway to make it look more like the original Red Special.

It's just the sheer nerve of sending the guitar out like this which kind of upsets me.
:mad:

:wave: Don't look now, but somebody mistakenly put a floyd rose on that thing.:eek: You may need to send the whole thing back!

• Members
Originally posted by GAS Man

I'm wondering if maybe it's supposed to be that way??

Maybe they intentionally installed it at that angle to make it fit in a cramped control cavity.

Looks nice! The Brian May look isn't necessarily "my thing" but I really like that "natural" look it's going for it.

They messed that one up pretty bad. Of course the pics in the auction (they sold 8 of those) looked flawless.

If love the RS, it's really something special :) I like unusual guitars I guess... It can produce a wide range of sounds with the tri-sonics and phase switch combinations.

• Members
Originally posted by ExtraGum

:wave:
Don't look now, but somebody mistakenly put a floyd rose on that thing.
:eek:
You may need to send the whole thing back!

Yeah, that's another thing I totally dislike, but cannot change. It was half the price of the burns clone so I can live with _that_ :)

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

Hey, that's a sweet looking guitar just the way it is!

Got Vibe?

Good score:thu:

Thanks. It's quite versatile since you can turn each pickup on and off and also switch their phase. From very fat sounding to totally thin :)

Now if I could play more than 5 chords I would send a sample :p

• Members

It actually looks like they are all a little off. Even some of the others don't fully line up with each other.

I had been gassing for a Burns but had a chance to try a used one out (didn't plug it in) and I just didn't like the feel of the neck. Too thick for me.

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

They messed that one up pretty bad. Of course the pics in the auction (they sold 8 of those) looked flawless.

Yeah, in that case send it back. The more I think about my thought of it being "intentional" the more that doesn't really even make sense since that angle, if anything, should cramp the switch closer to the volume pot.

I remember now that you mention it that the BM does have phase switching. That definitely does up the GAS a bit.

But I really do like that natural finish. I'd rather have that I think than the red. But the Red and Black plastic will look cool too.

• Members

Originally posted by mfergel

It actually looks like they are all a little off. Even some of the others don't fully line up with each other.

I had been gassing for a Burns but had a chance to try a used one out (didn't plug it in) and I just didn't like the feel of the neck. Too thick for me.

Yes, it's handmade... I don't mind if they are off a bit, but the bottom one is definately annoying.

They put it on eBay with a starting price of

• Members
Originally posted by GAS Man

Yeah, in that case send it back. The more I think about my thought of it being "intentional" the more that doesn't really even make sense since that angle, if anything, should cramp the switch closer to the volume pot.

I remember now that you mention it that the BM does have phase switching. That definitely does up the GAS a bit.

But I really do like that natural finish. I'd rather have that I think than the red. But the Red and Black plastic will look cool too.

The switches are actually supposed to be placed differently (see below).

The burns version is offered in a couple of colors. I think they also have a green one, but I can't find it.

187695.jpg
187696.jpg
187698.jpg
187699.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by ozzyozb

I'd keep it that gives it character, It makes it unique. If the switch is working leave it be...that guitar is sweet!

Thanks!

I dunno, guess I'm too picky :D It will be modded anyway, it's a good starting point for a nice guitar, if I don't mess up the paint that is :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Ace_2000

Nice guitar! I love Queen and Brian May. The guy is an exceptional player and he has great tone. What is your guitar made out of (body wood, neck wood)?

Body and neck are mahagony. Neck is set (which makes it more difficult to paint it, oh well :)).

• Members
Originally posted by Mel Cooley

Leave it! It's truly one of a kind that way.

Maybe, even though I'm totally no fan of oil/wax finishes.

But that switch IS annoying. :)

And so is the headstock (mark the logo).

7.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by SentimentalMood

Cool guitar. I would have to send it back too though. I have a problem with asymetrical things. A little OCD, I guess.

I guess me, too. I always have to look at that switch, it's really freaky :mad:

And I mean, come on.. you can't really screw up like that and expect people to live with it. I couldn't do it.

• Members
Originally posted by whitegreyblack

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hochwertige-Paula-der-Fa-Bach-Mahagoni-Binding-L-Paul_W0QQitemZ7405405141QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey, that's pretty sexy. Too bad I can't understand anything they've written. Do they speak English? Did you contact them before buying at all?

I don't know if they speak English, German is my native language :)

You can try contacting them.

As to that guitar...

- Mahagony neck & body
- Set neck
- Oil/Wax finish
- Rosewood fretboard
- chrome mechanics

Pretty standard LP :) But people who bought it seemed to like it (from the feedback).

Not sure they can ship worldwide for

Archived