how 'bout those new gibson sg gt's?

adambomb

• Members

they look {censored}in' awesome, and the features are incredible.

mid-control circuit, white graph tech nut, over under truss rod for no sg neck wobble, coil-splitters for both pickups, locking grover tuners (not those stiff sperzels), extra-slim-taper neck, etc.

good color choices too.

i gotta grab me one of those. they have the features i would put in after-market right off the bat stock.

i have only seen them in two of the six colors offered so far: candy red and daytona blue.

• Members

Originally posted by adambomb

they look {censored}in' awesome, and the features are incredible.

mid-control circuit, white graph tech nut, over under truss rod for no sg neck wobble, coil-splitters for both pickups, locking grover tuners (not those stiff sperzels), extra-slim-taper neck, etc.

good color choices too.

i gotta grab me one of those. they have the features i would put in after-market right off the bat stock.

i have only seen them in two of the six colors offered so far: candy red and daytona blue.

the colors are cool, but all the "features" you said can be put on a normal SG standard for less than the GT goes for

• Members

Personally I'm not crazy about how they look, but if you buy one, you might wanna consider swapping out the pickups. I have the same ones in my SG Standard, and they're WAY too muddy and dark. You can't go wrong with Gibson, though. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by hondro

the colors are cool, but all the "features" you said can be put on a normal SG standard for less than the GT goes for

yeah, but the rods they put in the neck keep it from going sharp/flat every time you change your grip pressure on the neck like on most sg's with slim-taper necks.

it is a little pricey, yes...

• Members

Those SGs look OK, and it's a good marketing move for Gibson. However, I could live without the bit of plastic over the bridge. Telecasters can make something like that work, but on an SG? Not my cup of (straight) tea. Also, they take the fun out of modding your guitar up to gigging standards, making it unique.

Archived