Hendrix...Gibson...Blues!!!!

paul44

My kids gave me that DVD. He was special. Only guitars really worth playing.

Telecaster
Strat
Gibby SG

Any tone I want to hear right there!!!!

(puts on flame-retardant suit... mumbling something about it's gonna be a bumpy ride...)

• Members
Originally posted by Frets99

My kids gave me that DVD. He was special. Only guitars really worth playing.

Telecaster

Strat

Gibby SG

Any tone I want to hear right there!!!!

(puts on flame-retardant suit... mumbling something about it's gonna be a bumpy ride...)

What? Flaming? Okey-dokey...

WHAAAAAA!?!!? You don't recognize the amazing glory of the Gibson Flying V?!?! Are you a communist mutant traitor or don't you just like the legendary 50's classic design that is the Vee?? Even Jimi liked the Vee!! This is madness!! :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by doubleR

If it was the audio only--no video--how many of you would know he wasn't playing his Strat?

:confused:

The tone is in the fingers, man.

A friend and I can tell whose "little wing" is being played, wether it's Jimi's, Stevie's, Eric's or Vai's...

• Members

Originally posted by wilmer

Hey Stonefoot. Jimi plays a white SG custom in the video. Not the best tone he had: I saw him 5 or 6 times and as far as I remember he used Strats 90-95% of the time.

As far as I remember? Bah!!! I was the only guy around who was NOT drunk or stoned.

• Members
Originally posted by wilmer

Hey Stonefoot. Jimi plays a white SG custom in the video. Not the best tone he had: I saw him 5 or 6 times and as far as I remember he used Strats 90-95% of the time.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. ;)

The absence of Flying V from Frets' list was the only thing I could make up for such a short notice. :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by LouRed

The tone is in the fingers, man.

A friend and I can tell whose "little wing" is being played, wether it's Jimi's, Stevie's, Eric's or Vai's...

I'd never get my SG to sound like that. No idea how he did tbh.

Archived