How would Agile Al-3000 measure up to my Schecter Classic?

tjmoto

• Members

Thinking about getting an Agile AL-3000. My kid's got a Jay Turser JT 200 Vine LP copy. I play it once in awhile. Not a bad guitar, sounds OK, but not near as high quality as my Schecter Classic. Wondering how an Agile 3000 would compare quality wise to my Schecter. Even though both the Schecter and Jay Turser are both built in Korea, there's noticeable difference in the quality. I'm totally satisfied with the quality of the Schecter, both sound and playability. So do I need to push a little higher and go for a Edwards, Orville, Tokai, or Burny to achieve a quality comp to the Schecter? Or can I get something close with the Agile? What do you think? Does anybody own both of the Agile and the Schecter Classic? Thanks in advance.

• Members

Nice...:rolleyes:

The 3000 should be comparable to the shcecter in material and build quality. I think the Schecter has tonepros hardware though right. That'd be a srep up from the stock Agile hardware.

• Members

I love the Schecter. Got it with a HSC for $430. I already have a Schecter PT Tele with GFS pups. It kicks A$$j!!. Also got a MIJ tabacco sunburst Strat that is real comp to 64 I used to have. But...something about the depth, tone, feel of the LP. I can't believe I sold my 77 after only owning it just 3 months. But then I sold my 61 and 64 Strats too!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad::confused: Variety is the spice I like. I just don't know if I should blow another 400-600 on a high end MIJ LP copy. Thanks for the feedback. If the Agile 3000 is comp. to my Schecter Classic, I'll be happy.

PS. If Schecter is crap, what's the superior alternative at this price point? I'm sure a PRS plays/sounds better but I'd have to quit working 10 hours a week and go full time just to pay for guitars I don't have the time to play. I'd rather play guitars I can afford than own guitars I can't afford the time to enjoy. Just my .02. Dennis

Archived