check out this crack head

voneville

• Members

selling an Epiphone G400 BIN $175 with a broken neck that he repaired himself.

14_1.JPG

and i quote: when i bought it the neck was loose so i fixed it(there is a hairline fracture where i fixed it, could be painted over) and the neck is straight and plays amazingly. One of the tuning pegs broke off so i reattached it with some glue...it is a cheap fix if u want a new one on....i am selling it because i cant use it for the style i play now....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-SG-G400-gibson_W0QQitemZ7413559930QQcategoryZ33037QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

to be fair, it does come with a hardshell case.

what do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger?

• Members

Go for it man! Unbroken guitar necks are totally over-hyped by the dainty girly-men who profess to be guitar players. A repaired neck SCREAMS vintage & shows all the other pudknockers that your manly digits are not to be trifled with.

Also, if you heat that tuning peg with a BIC lighter, you can probably pull a couple of hits of glue fumes.

:thu:

• Members

Hey man my MASTER luthier told me that's how to repair tuning pegs and pickups and stuff. I gave it my best shot. Should I not have put that in my description? Oh yeah forgot to mention, it was a set neck before I put on my PATENTED neck through mod. I can now do this to any guitar. Ask my THOUSANDS of satisfied customers. :p:thu:

It's late, and I'm a little on the drunk side.

• Members

Hey, atleast that cats honest. Could have left that part out and blamed it on the shipper. Hey, maybe I should e-mail him and tell him to ship it to me with insurance. He can get his money and give me a free guitar for wall art.

• Members

My {censored} detector is going crazy on this one. If you do this, you'll be embarking on a journey deep into psychosis and you may or may not come out of it with a playable guitar.

If you have $175 to blow on a hardshell case and a funny story, do it... but be sure to ask lots of deeply personal questions of the seller.

If not, steer clear.

And, yes I'm drunk. So what? IT'S MY HOUSE. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by larryguitar

"My new style is more demanding, and requires tuning the guitar to specific pitches-which this guitar is not appropriate for."

:D

Larry

Translation: My tunings require a straight neck - which this guitar no longer has!!

:D

Archived