Can anyone identify these Pick Ups?

fenikz

• Members

Originally posted by peavey_impact

Nah the guitar in the picture has exposed coils

Well, you could not put the covers on. :) What pickups have you ever seen that purposely have the coils exposed? Quarter Pounders don't have covers, but have tape around them.

• Members

Originally posted by GilmourD

Well, you could not put the covers on.
:)
What pickups have you ever seen that purposely have the coils exposed? Quarter Pounders don't have covers, but have tape around them.

Yeah i really have no idea what they are. I have Quarter Pounders so I know what you mean. I just don't know why anyone would take the tape off unless they were made that way.

• Members

Yeah i really have no idea what they are. I have Quarter Pounders so I know what you mean. I just don't know why anyone would take the tape off unless they were made that way.

Exposed coils are never a good idea because you can get a string caught under the top of the bobbin and sever part of the coil. That's not fun. :)

The Hot Stack has covers.

Interestingly enough, if you look closely, you can see the Seymour Duncan S on the pickups as in this picture.

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/stk-t2-e987f5ae96738ed9c2b98f5a31fca6c1.jpg

• Members

Exposed coils are never a good idea because you can get a string caught under the top of the bobbin and sever part of the coil. That's not fun.
:)

The Hot Stack has covers.

Interestingly enough, if you look closely, you can see the Seymour Duncan S on the pickups as in this picture.

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/stk-t2-e987f5ae96738ed9c2b98f5a31fca6c1.jpg

Great eye! I have never seen the SD pickups with the little S like that (besides their mini-hums)

:thu:

• Members

Great eye! I have never seen the SD pickups with the little S like that (besides their mini-hums)

:thu:

Honestly, first time I actually noticed it was in the picture I linked, then I looked at the OP's pic again and said "WTF???". LOL

To the OP: Whoever that guitar belongs to... Tell them to order some covers from goold ol' Seymour before he only ends up with a working bridge PU. :)

• Members

Originally posted by sultan417

The bridge one looks like a Carvin.

It's a Wilkinson. Carvin does seem to be the biggest user of them, but they also can retrofit on an American Standard/Series Fender Strat without replacing the posts. Just drop the bridge in, install the springs, string up, and set up.

• Members

Originally posted by fenikz

the bridge looks like a SD Hot Rails, but what are the other two?

PICT2316.JPG

is this your guitar?

look under the pup to see if the top is labled "2NQ" im sure its an older seymour duncan stacked bucker (with split option)

i have that neck pup in a strat in the bridge position and its sweet. im glad i tried it because i loved it and kept it, and this was after a long search swapping bridge humbuckers going through all the standard ones (jb, hotrails, as well as lots of un-identifiable brands in a box in the back of the store), it may seem strange but it has a tele on fire type tone that compliments my other pups in that strat (alnico pro II staggered singles). its not overly hot because it is a neck pup, but still has that extra heat when in full bucker mode.

• Members

It's a Wilkinson. Carvin does seem to be the biggest user of them, but they also can retrofit on an American Standard/Series Fender Strat without replacing the posts. Just drop the bridge in, install the springs, string up, and set up.

Sorry, i meant bridge pickup.

• Members

Originally posted by fishfartz

is this your guitar?

actually it is now, bought it off ebay for $240 plus shipping

here are the specs

Warmoth Ash Strat Body(Trans Blue Finish) Poly coated

Custom Made Flamed Maple & Brazilian Rosewood Neck w/ 6000 series dunlop frets

Wilkerson Bridge

still not sure about the pickups

• Members

Originally posted by fenikz

actually it is now, bought it off ebay for $240 plus shipping

here are the specs

Warmoth Ash Strat Body(Trans Blue Finish) Poly coated

Custom Made Flamed Maple & Brazilian Rosewood Neck w/ 6000 series dunlop frets

Wilkerson Bridge

still not sure about the pickups

im pretty sure those maroon blade pups are seymour duncans. when i was going through alot of bridge humbuckers trying to find a good match for my strat (with alnico pro II single coils) i had trouble finding one

the alnico singles are more vintage output than modern hot, and they are warm. so most "go to" humbuckers were just too hot or not voiced right. after a few months swapping and searching i started going through the box in the back of a close friends store (we used to jam years ago before i moved away, he since bought and runs that store) -

anyway, after going through some i found a maroon blade one and thought it was worth at least trying. turned out it was a great match. hot and smooth but not overly hot. it has some sparkle but its not piercing. i thought about it and didnt even know what kind it was.....when i changed strings the next week i decided to look at the pup closer and look it up on the net. it read 2NQ on the bottom - turns out it was a neck pickup and im glad i did not know that before hand because i may not have tried it.

it worked great and is staying in my bridge spot in my strat, its really a sweet compliment thats not overbearing (again, its a stacked single coil sized bucker, but since its a neck position its not wound as hot as most bridges)

i looked and looked and pretty sure i remember finding that it was an older seymour duncan. looks like you have the neck & middle there. i may be wrong but my memory sucks and so do i when it comes to names and know-how.

i dont know how it sounds in the neck but in my bridge with 500k pot its sweet, and when mixed with the middle i still get that sweet sparkle only a little hotter

Archived