vox valvetronix sounds like ass with a tele

boy#152

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by boy#152

what's up with that?

vox knows good players use telecasters...
:confused:

I agree. Maybe they didn't use a tele to tune in the sims. Sounds pretty good with P90's, though. Haven't gone too far wrong with those on any setting.

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I thought the AD30VT sounds like ass with ALL guitars! BLEGHH! The one i owned was a mud machine.

I've heard a few others say this and I can't figure it. Mud is the last thing I'd think of to describe the sounds coming from the Valvetronix amps. I've got the 50 and there just ain't no mud in there anywhere. Did you really give it a good workout with a variety of guitars? That's a weak point of modeling amps. If you don't have a guitar that's close to the one they used to tune the thing, you might not like what you hear. And if your favorite guitar sounds crappy through it, game over.

• Members

I've plugged 4 different electrics into my AD30VT and they all sound great. Of course I needed to do some sound tweaking here and there with the knobs. There are literally hundreds of different sounds you can get from this amp.

• Members

Originally posted by savoldi

I've heard a few others say this and I can't figure it. Mud is the last thing I'd think of to describe the sounds coming from the Valvetronix amps. I've got the 50 and there just ain't no mud in there anywhere. Did you really give it a good workout with a variety of guitars? That's a weak point of modeling amps. If you don't have a guitar that's close to the one they used to tune the thing, you might not like what you hear. And if your favorite guitar sounds crappy through it, game over.

I tried about 5 different guitars. I thought it was horrible. I called tech support and they said that it was either a bad treble knob (but said that was doubtful) or it was just "the nature of the beast". Either way, I hated that amp more than any I've ever encountered!

• Members

I can get my AD50VT so punchy and tinny it'll make your ears bleed.

I can get it that way (if I choose to) with any one of my 6 electric guitars. I sold my Marshall because the AD50VT could do the Marshall tone, vintage Vox tone, as well as Fender Twin tone and even Mesa Boogie tone. I can nail Angus Young's tone perfectly, even with my cheapest guitar.

Mud????... I don't think so.

Maybe the pickups on that Tele are {censored}.

• Members

Originally posted by Shaolin_sword36

The presets on for the amp models are pretty good...The UK 70's model is pure AC/DC, just have to crank the volume up

I don't really care for any of the presets on the modelers. Most have too many effects involved. I prefer to use the manual mode and tweak my own sounds. I guess that's why these amps appeal to a wide market. There's something in there for just about everybody.;)

Archived