she plays black metal better then you

voneville

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Unstrung

Strange how the crowds vary from forum to forum... in the amp forum this would have been enjoyed instead of criticized and "ew, that's not even music!" Guess all the metalheads chat there and the ol' fogeys hang out here...

Now I thought that was quite impressive. Those of you that can't tolerate extreme metal atleast can't deny that the drummer has excellent control.

The lot of you are being very closed minded.
Realise that music is subjective and that just because you find something displeasing, it doesn't mean it isn't music, it means you don't agree with it.

LOL - "closeminded"? It's called having an opinion and a particular taste in music.

I thought it was noise. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate some metal with those types of vocals - but that did nothing for me.

• Members
Originally posted by Rada

Hardcore/Metal IMO
:D

fair enough, but hardcore above all else.

They are on a hardcore label, if you go to their shows you see tons of kids hardcore dancing, and not so many long hairs giving themselves whiplash, etc etc etc

above all else I guess its more of a cultural difference, but still

• Members
Originally posted by No Soul

fair enough, but hardcore above all else.

They are on a hardcore label, if you go to their shows you see tons of kids hardcore dancing, and not so many long hairs giving themselves whiplash, etc etc etc

above all else I guess its more of a cultural difference, but still

Yeah, I've been to a few shows....

I've just always clumped hardcore and metal together with a backslash if I found the guitar work to be a more complex....like theirs

Hardcore...Metal....it's all good! :thu:

• Members

Yeah, I've been to a few shows....

I've just always clumped hardcore and metal together with a backslash if I found the guitar work to be a more complex....like theirs

Hardcore...Metal....it's all good!
:thu:

emo > than both :p

• Members
Originally posted by No Soul

emo > than both
:p

There's a special place in hell for people like you....:o

EDIT: enlighten me...recommend some GOOD emo. Not that Panic At The Disco!, Dashboard Confessional, Get Up Kids crap... ;)

• Members

There's a special place in hell for people like you....
:o

EDIT: enlighten me...recommend some GOOD emo. Not that Panic At The Disco!, Dashboard Confessional, Get Up Kids crap...
;)

heh,
myself and 2 members of my former metalcore band have started an emo-pop band recently, and we proudly proclaim were going to musical hell, but loving every minute of the trip down.

anywhooo.. I guess it depends on what we are calling emo now doesent it?

I used to only go by the traditional definition EMOtional hardcore.. Fugazi, Rites of Spring etc etc etc
most people call that post hardcore though.

If you like the screaming artsy stuff, Id check out Orchid, and if you can find them Envy (from Japan) both amazing epic crazy good.

Newer stuff thats melodic.. howbout Circa Survive, At the Drive In or stuff like that?

I also hate to admit, but I love Underoath (who used to be a metal band)

• Members
Originally posted by EdgeOfDarkness

Do they both wear make-up ?

no, well I guess emo girls do.

I take it you arent sure what emo is?

emo kids just try to look like nerds.

ok.... lets try this one

see the guy with glasseS?
deathcab-746792.jpg

Archived