Did The Music Video Kill Rock?

bogey_j

• Members

well looks are important now more than ever. If they have vids back in the 60's then half the bands wouldn't have made it. same holds true today however but if a band has a good look then it can live just on looks alone. pretty sad actually but true.

I don't know. Ric Ocasek from The Cars was pretty ugly and he was all over the place on MTV in the 80's.

• Members

Large multi national companies own the music industry today. From finding the next act to which radio, television or media it is sold from.

Large multi national companies make money.

The next star is the next act that is created to meet the results of the most recent regional or national survey of the largest buying segment.

Large multi national companies make money, not music.

You wanna hear good music, you gotta make it yourself or go to your local: there's tons of great music out there, it's just not on our old faithful tv and radio anymore

• Members

I dont think the Vitself did,I think it was a cool idea,to come up with a video from a good song..I think it may have been one of the steps as there were many wrong turns taken,and now MTV doesnt even really show videos....Illustrating the point,it wasnt the videos,what the people did with them.....

• Members

I don't know. Ric Ocasek from The Cars was pretty ugly and he was all over the place on MTV in the 80's.

I think more important than pretty or ugly was having a visual hook, and Ric certainly gave the Cars that. He was more unique than plainly ugly.

Archived